Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration letter

CGN Regular

Registration letter

Ok so newbie question here.....a SAA I ordered came in the mail faster than I expected.....which is great....but I'm going to the range Friday and still have not recieved my registration letter. I'm assuming I still cant take my new SAA until it comes...correct??
    CCFR Member

You are assuming correctly. You can possess it, but you can't leave your home address with it until your reg cert arrives. When you see green paper through the window of a brown RCMP envelope in the mail, you're in business!
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the response.....hopefully it comes in the next 2days.
    CCFR Member

Ontario CFO says the transfer email is good until you get your certs.
    Former Royal Canadian Artillery - Gunner
    Former EME - Weapons Tech.

CGN Regular
    Really....never recieved email. Do I need to sign up?
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    Really....never recieved email. Do I need to sign up?
    Give them a call and ask them to send it to your email.
    After they have your email... they usually send it automatically.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

You still need to be in possession of a registration certificate to go to the range with it. An email of the transfer notification is not the registration... and they refuse to email the registration certificate. The email lets you pick it up and bring it straight home. It can go nowhere else until you have the certificate.
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    ... they usually send it automatically.
    No they do not. You have to ask EVERY time you have a transfer in the works BEFORE it goes to your provincial CFO

Quote Originally Posted by Ridersfan View Post
    You still need to be in possession of a registration certificate to go to the range with it. An email of the transfer notification is not the registration... and they refuse to email the registration certificate. The email lets you pick it up and bring it straight home. It can go nowhere else until you have the certificate.
    Not according to different CFOs. The NOT has all the information on it that a registration cert does so really why wouldn't it be good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    Ok so newbie question here.....a SAA I ordered came in the mail faster than I expected.....which is great....but I'm going to the range Friday and still have not recieved my registration letter. I'm assuming I still cant take my new SAA until it comes...correct??
    It would help to know which province you are in?
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

There is no law saying you have to physically have your reg cert on your to transport you gun.

The only law there is, says that if asked to produce your cert by a police officer and you can not. The police can confiscate your gun and you then have 14 days to produce the reg cert or proof the gun is registered to you.

Anyone calming that you cant transport without the reg cert is talking out their A*S, there is no such law. If you choose to do it or not is up too you, but by law you dont have to wait for it.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf67nt View Post
    No they do not. You have to ask EVERY time you have a transfer in the works BEFORE it goes to your provincial CFO
    I only had to ask the first time...since then, they actually ask me if I want it emailed and confirm my email address. Both CFC and Ontario CFO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast