Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Registration letter

CGN Regular
    Thanks everyone for your responses.......I called the CFO today and he told me until the papers arrive I CANNOT travel with the firearm.
    CCFR Member

..................[removed]..............
    Last edited by NAA; 09-21-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: content
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

There is a law that says you must be able to produce it. If you haven;t received it, you can't produce it. There is no law that says I cannot push a refrigerator off the top of a skyscraper. But I am still responsible to follow every other law that says don't push a refrigerator off a skyscraper or you'll be held accountable for all the other bad things that go along with it. OP called CFO and got told. should be end of story
    Last edited by NAA; 09-21-2018 at 11:56 AM. Reason: edited
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

More relevant question...has anyone ever been asked to produce one? Apart from a couple of border crossings, I have never been asked for one of my certificates...spanning all the way back to the LGR. Travelling literally thousands of times and thousands of km’s to and from ranges and matches across the country, never has any authority demanded I produce a reg cert.

And given the fact, in the extremely unlikely event I were asked to produce one I had not yet received from the CFC, I have 14 days to do so, what are the odds of actually not being able to comply? I bet my calculator doesn’t have enough zeros to calculate those odds, yet some folks get so twisted up and invest so much of their ego on imprinting their fears onto everyone else...

All I can do is shake my head...YMMV

Two words.... Firearms Insurance.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridersfan View Post
    There is a law that says you must be able to produce it. If you haven;t received it, you can't produce it. There is no law that says I cannot push a refrigerator off the top of a skyscraper. But I am still responsible to follow every other law that says don't push a refrigerator off a skyscraper or you'll be held accountable for all the other bad things that go along with it. OP called CFO and got told. should be end of story, let me just wait and see what captain flamer has to say though
    There he is, the guy that doesn't know what the law is telling others what it is.

Go ahead and post a single of the mythical refrigerator laws you have to follow. LOL Just because you make up some does not make it law. Its not my fault that every time you try to call me out you are wrong and get proven so. This will turn out like the last time, you will post, it gets proven wrong you then claim you are right. Then you will act out, others will call you on it.

Shawn
    Last edited by NAA; 09-21-2018 at 12:00 PM. Reason: edited

Quote Originally Posted by Innavedaw View Post
    More relevant question...has anyone ever been asked to produce one? Apart from a couple of border crossings, I have never been asked for one of my certificates...spanning all the way back to the LGR. Travelling literally thousands of times and thousands of km’s to and from ranges and matches across the country, never has any authority demanded I produce a reg cert.

And given the fact, in the extremely unlikely event I were asked to produce one I had not yet received from the CFC, I have 14 days to do so, what are the odds of actually not being able to comply? I bet my calculator doesn’t have enough zeros to calculate those odds, yet some folks get so twisted up and invest so much of their ego on imprinting their fears onto everyone else...

All I can do is shake my head...YMMV
    No kidding

It has probably never happened. Because they have access to CPIC, which brings it up, if they are so inclined. The police are not going to waste time and paper work for something that is not an offense and there is no law broken, they have better things to do. Despite what CGN may think.

Shawn

Akita Master
    Super Moderator

Exclamation

***CGN General Rules & Guidelines for Posting***

Can be found under "Forum Rules & FAQ's" on the top toolbar of the CGN main page. Please make your points in this thread without resorting to trolling +/or insults. If you can't do that, then please just don't post.

Thank you.

------------------
    NAA.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went". - Will Rogers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12