Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: $700 sks?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Funny how this was malarkey 3 years ago...how times a change.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Funny how this was malarkey 3 years ago...how times a change.
    I sold a nice Chinese SKS 6 years ago for $250, probably $600 now, the current import is hit and miss. I had 5, but only kept 2. You can see the current import of Chinese SKS by the messed up wood, some are still good, some are very rusted, still work though.

It was the pre-covid scam price

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyllar View Post
    When Canadian Tire pulled all their SKS over the Vegas shooting, there was an attempt to argue that it was because of an impending in crease in price and availability. This may be that finally happening.
    Fake news, look up and check the firearms list found at the hotel room and his home and storage lockers and not a listed sks. Guy used mostly high quality firearms as listed in the investigation by the Los Vegas county sherrif ofice. --Dieseldog!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldog View Post
    Fake news, look up and check the firearms list found at the hotel room and his home and storage lockers and not a listed sks. Guy used mostly high quality firearms as listed in the investigation by the Los Vegas county sherrif ofice. --Dieseldog!
    SKS is/was a high quality firearm. I would trust my SKS to love me still after tremendous abuse. I have other, fancier and prettier guns that turn on me if I feed em the wrong ammo, or let em get a bit gunky... Just because we're spoilt doesn't mean SKS wasn't worth 1k all along.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    To be fair:

The $75 SKS from Marstar was around $1300 after they screwed you on shipping.
    Yea and the ammo was $400 when everyone else was selling it for $250. They were new military sks though!
    Back when you could get a Russian sks for $150. You could also get a longbranch in great shape for $600-$700 k-31 $200, C no. 7 for $1000-$1200 etc, etc. Not that long ago. The have doubled, tripled in some cases more!
    $700. For the commercial model seems pretty high but if you are a collector and didn't get them back when they were cheap, someone might buy it! Possibly the prices south of us have a bit of effect even though we can't ship the Chinese or Russian stuff down there because if we could I would have a truck load on the way!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Man, I remember about 3 years ago, I had a mini collection (4 to 5) of SKS rifles, all were bought for $100-150. I remember one guy just saying "hey, about I toss in an SKS to sweeten the deal?" as I purchased a rough looking lever rifle from him. They were basically disposable lol. What the hell happened? How on Earth are they priced so stupidly now?

Quote Originally Posted by emilio613 View Post
    Man, I remember about 3 years ago, I had a mini collection (4 to 5) of SKS rifles, all were bought for $100-150. I remember one guy just saying "hey, about I toss in an SKS to sweeten the deal?" as I purchased a rough looking lever rifle from him. They were basically disposable lol. What the hell happened? How on Earth are they priced so stupidly now?
    They are just getting to their fair value now.. we were spoiled by dirt cheap prices and oversupply that is now over. Expect higher prices down the road.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    They are just getting to their fair value now.. we were spoiled by dirt cheap prices and oversupply that is now over. Expect higher prices down the road.
    I've said this multiple times

Show me another reliable Semi in a mid size caliber under $800.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lerch641's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    I've said this multiple times

Show me another reliable Semi in a mid size caliber under $800.
    Oh how I miss the days of $150 SKS's and $500 AR15's...
    UBIQUE