$700 sks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I have one of these in my display case. Paid 150 for it all matching. Not near as good quality as the military ones if it's the same rifle I'm thinking of, with the Chinese lettering?

North

I can't imagine any Norinco SKS being worth that money. Kind of curious as to why they're asking so much for it though.

When Canadian Tire pulled all their SKS over the Vegas shooting, there was an attempt to argue that it was because of an impending in crease in price and availability. This may be that finally happening.

The ONLY way I would pay $700 for an SKS would be if it came with a case, and inside that case was $575 cash....

Guessing here, but this appears to be a non-surplus gun, and that is the real price of what a gun like the SKS would cost today if it were made and then imported as new. Wouldn't be any cosmo in that thing.

Guessing here, but this appears to be a non-surplus gun, and that is the real price of what a gun like the SKS would cost today if it were made and then imported as new. Wouldn't be any cosmo in that thing.

i was looking at the picture closely and tend to agree with you. It looks like its brand new vs surplus. makes sense, +50 yrs of abuse and depreciation would make a $700 gun worth $250

I read somewhere that Russia was making new made commercial sks rifles for sale as sporting guns but didn't know the Chinese were doing it too

Maybe it's one of those odd ball / rare commercial imports from way back like the Americans got that had the stamped receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom