Thread: not a great transaction expierience

not a great transaction expierience

I recently made a purchase with Zahal and it left a bit to be desired.

- I ordered a shotgun stock set on Aug 23rd and received confirmation of the order with a notice that shipping would happen as quick as possible.

- On Sept 8th I have not received any tracking info or emails about a delay. Iam not worried as emails sometimes don't make it through and if it was shipped it could be delayed in customs for awhile. I decide to email for an update anyways just to see.

- I recieved a reply on Sept 9th that the item had not been supplied by Fab Defence yet and the last shipment had the wrong item and they were waiting on the right item and it would ship no later than Sept 12th. They apologized and upgraded my shipping so that I would receive the item sooner. Crap happens so I was happy with that reply even thought I would have liked an update from them with what had happened earlier and not have to instigate it with my own inquiry.

- Sept 12th comes and goes I neither receive shipping notification or email about what's going on. I decided to give it some time as maybe they just don't send out shipping info in an email right away.

-Sept 17th I still haven't recieved any info so I send another email inquiring for an update.

-Sept 20th I get a shipping email from them. My above email from the 17th was never answered nor did I get clarification why it was shipped 8 days after the no later than date.

What I take away from all this is they don't actually have stock of the items on there site. Whether that was just my item or others I have no idea. Communication is not there strong suit as I never got any info unless I asked and I never got a reply to my last email at all. I decided to shop with them over other non sponsor Canadian retailers because I always try to support sponsors of this site first as they help keep this forum going. Also I ended up saving over $80 after USD conversion from the Canadian stores. Now I imagine some of that will disappear when I get charged duty but still should save a few bucks. I will get my item in the end but if I would have purchased in Canada I would have had my item weeks ago. Between shipping and customs it will likely be Oct before I receive my item that I expected early sept even with shipping from another country and customs delays.

So unless they offer an item you can't find anywhere else or the savings are too great that you can deal with a wait, I cannot recommend using this retailer.

Disclaimer: I just searched there store added the item to my cart and checked out. I didn't read any fine print or look deep into there site. I read there shipping page about 10-14 days usually to Canada and expected a bit of a wait. If they have a disclaimer about not stocking items somewhere on there page then thats my bad.

Jason

Hi,

First I want to say I am sorry for the bad experience you had. I looked into the matter and found out what went wrong and where we can improve next time. We keep a lot of stock for us to be able to ship within 24-48 hours, not including weekends. Your stock is OD Green and with colors espascially with shotgun stocks we keep a minimum amount as there is so many attributes. We get a fresh delivery from the factory every week with whatever we are missing for that week. I checked with Kerstin and the factory sent us a record breaking amount of the wrong stock three times with it coming with the folding feature or without the extra shock absorber you have requested (I can get you a letter from the factory that confirms this). Next time this is the case I will send one of my guys to the storage to pesonally get the correct stock. Regarding the emails you are right we should have contacted you with an update.

We really care about our customer and do our very best and sometimes this can happen. All I can do is apologize and promise to get your order out next time faster with a gift

Should you need anything please email me at service@zahal.org

CGN Regular
    Although I only ordered from them once, pistol holster, I had no problems, approx 14 days.

BANNED
    Zahal is too notch, they got you covered!

CGN Regular
    I placed an order yesterday. Haven’t received an order confirmation email but my credit card has been charged. Can anyone tell me, is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post
    Hi,

First I want to say I am sorry for the bad experience you had. I looked into the matter and found out what went wrong and where we can improve next time. We keep a lot of stock for us to be able to ship within 24-48 hours, not including weekends. Your stock is OD Green and with colors espascially with shotgun stocks we keep a minimum amount as there is so many attributes. We get a fresh delivery from the factory every week with whatever we are missing for that week. I checked with Kerstin and the factory sent us a record breaking amount of the wrong stock three times with it coming with the folding feature or without the extra shock absorber you have requested (I can get you a letter from the factory that confirms this). Next time this is the case I will send one of my guys to the storage to pesonally get the correct stock. Regarding the emails you are right we should have contacted you with an update.

We really care about our customer and do our very best and sometimes this can happen. All I can do is apologize and promise to get your order out next time faster with a gift

Should you need anything please email me at service@zahal.org
    I thought I should update. I received my item today, It included a free sling. I have no idea if that was a promotion they had or if they tossed it in as a sorry for the delay. In the end I got the product and you can see above in there reply it appears it was a unique incident with my item as regards to stocking. Hopefully they work on communication when orders have a hiccup like mine as that would have made all the difference.

I ordered at least 5-6 xfrom Zahal and only once was shipping delayed maybe a week and I received that with 2-3 weeks. Once or twice I had my order within 3-4 days!!!
    Communication was normally good only once was it delayed due to holidays etc in Israel.
    Otherwise overall I am overall pleased with their products and service.

CGN Regular
    Top notch response Zahal.

Zahal is legit don’t worry, you should try ordering from China lol end up waitin 2-4 months for an order without tracking# but even then the orders will usually show up.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by theayeman View Post
    I placed an order yesterday. Haven’t received an order confirmation email but my credit card has been charged. Can anyone tell me, is this normal?
    Got a confirmation early this morning. All is well.