Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asking for ID from seller - is this normal?

BANNED
    First of all, asking for an id, just like someone said already, it would actually press the seller, and he might turn a little...afraid maybe. I guess you better ask for his phone number mail, or maybe even his adress. So you could contact him in cases something is wrong. Or also a pic of the item you buying is also a good idea.

Uber Super GunNutz
    The number of Posts a person has might be interesting to review regarding what they might type out from time to time, or what opinions they might express, but their Feedback Score, to me, is at least as important, if not more so - requires other members to have interacted and been satisfied (or not) with the experience. Always a first time to send $1,000 to somebody - I am currently waiting since May 2020 for a $50 Internet purchase from a sponsoring company on this board, so no absolute "guarantees"...

big money = ID or f o
    ⚔️XX⚔️

It's weird but it depends what you are purchasing. However, there is nothing wrong if you really do not feel comfortable with the seller.

I usually ask for a phone number instead of my ID. Since after I give them my number, different spammers often start calling it, which prevents me from absolutely always working and relaxing, which is why I do this. I have had many cases when advertisers and spammers called my number from unknown numbers. And now I usually just find out the seller's number, for example 2152749542 and check it through a service that detects spammer numbers, scam numbers, and so on. It helps me a lot
    Last edited by Philippe Davis; 12-15-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    I ask for their info, and ask them to send me a txt with the transfer info. If you aren't sure, call and have a chat.
    This is good advice.
    Give them a call and have a talk for a few minutes get a feel for the person. IMHO if they don't want to talk and won't give you their phone number I would have some concerns.

I always ask for ID exchange Pals easily done

I always ask for an ID, easy to exchange Pals either thru text or email

I usually switch to email and ask for full name and a phone number they can be reached at. Then proceed with the purchase.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    Remember, it's not what you did once, but what you can do on demand that counts. Fr. Frog
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

If it feels funny, stop. I always ask for all their info, and phone. and give out the same. Sold a couple this winter and we had a chat on the phone.
    I have never email a picture of my PAL, or been asked. A few yrs ago,I had one fellow that did not want to give me a phone number, said it was a business phone?
    well so is mine( or use to be) He did give me his wife's # after I refused to send money, and it worked out in the end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast