Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asking for ID from seller - is this normal?

I'm not quoting that all but no not reallly if it's a restricted since the transfer has to go through the cfc. That's why I asked if it was a restricted or non or non firearm, non restricted I may or may not ask for a pal # and I may or may not call and verify it. If it's a restricted I ask for everything I need to start the transfer,I've only asked for a picture of the person holding their pal once and the circumstance called for it.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    multiple quotes from thread
    based on various exchanges with the CFO:

restricted xfer: seller requires buyer full name, pal # and contact phone.
    NR check: full name, pal number with the .xxxx and expiry date.

That's it!

If someone requires more, they're either misinformed, paranoid, or have been fked once before.

Now, if I have to wire a couple of grand to a 'stranger', i could ask for a photo of their driver license (for their name/address just in case)
    Last edited by tharkhold; 09-22-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    based on various exchanges with the CFO:

restricted xfer: seller requires buyer full name, pal # and contact phone.
    NR check: full name, pal number with the .xxxx and expiry date.

That's it!

If someone requires more, they're either misinformed, paranoid, or have been fked once before.

Now, if I have to wire a couple of grand to a 'stranger', i could ask for a photo of their driver license (for their name/address just in case)
    And why did you quote me? If it's in regards to me asking for the picture it was becouse the cfo told me it wasn't a valid rpal number and I couldn't start the transfer. Buyers insisted it was he resent his information and I tried again and still they couldn't begin the transfer. He realized that he messed up a couple digits on his pal# but I told him i would like the picture however if he dosnt want to I understood and offered his money back. He sent the picture I start the transfer again he got his gun and all is well with the world.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

Super Moderator
    We have had members send a EMT to a complete stranger's email address, without knowing anything else about him. And then ask what they should do when they never get a reply, let alone the item they thought they were buying.

Would you send $1000 to a stranger without knowing his name, address (land location), phone number (checked) and without calling him?

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    And why did you quote me? If it's in regards to me asking for the picture it was becouse the cfo told me it wasn't a valid rpal number and I couldn't start the transfer. Buyers insisted it was he resent his information and I tried again and still they couldn't begin the transfer. He realized that he messed up a couple digits on his pal# but I told him i would like the picture however if he dosnt want to I understood and offered his money back. He sent the picture I start the transfer again he got his gun and all is well with the world.
    sorry, wasnt specific to you at all.. I just muscle-memory/mechanically quoted your post instead of 'quick reply'.

i fixed it and apologize for any sensed 'attack'.

multiple quotes from thread
    Everyone has a different comfort level, where there's no 'right' or 'wrong'. If a deal seems off/weird, kudos to whomever calls it off. If the other party isn't willing to give up certain info, well it just wasnt meant to be then.
    Last edited by tharkhold; 09-22-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Most every transaction if I have partaken in I have asked for a phone number or asked them to call me.
    We chat for a bit and get some details sorted out and proceed from there.
    We all start with a zero and move forward from there.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Most every transaction if I have partaken in I have asked for a phone number or asked them to call me.
    We chat for a bit and get some details sorted out and proceed from there.
    We all start with a zero and move forward from there.
    Rob
    Agreed that a phone chat will often secure better confidence. I'd assume that most people that do have ill-intent will not want to talk on the phone, as it's a lot more personal then.
    'nada

maybe only pay them through ######? that way if anything nefarious happens you have protection atleast?

dont you need to contact the firearms chief with their info anyways? or is that just on the seller's side?

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
    maybe only pay them through ######? that way if anything nefarious happens you have protection atleast?

dont you need to contact the firearms chief with their info anyways? or is that just on the seller's side?
    You have no recourse from ###### for firearms or related items

Shawn

BANNED
    First of all, asking for an id, just like someone said already, it would actually press the seller, and he might turn a little...afraid maybe. I guess you better ask for his phone number mail, or maybe even his adress. So you could contact him in cases something is wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast