Thread: waiting for my physcial pal card

waiting for my physcial pal card

i just ordered a maverick 88 off cabelas. i got my pal number from the rcmp they told me im not aloud to posses a fire arm til the card comes in the mail. i guessed my expiration date on the cabelas website (date issued+3 years) and it worked!! now do they just drop the gun on your front porch lmao? or does Canada post hold it at the nearest office because its a firearm. reason im asking is im at school 2 hours away to where its being mailed to and i dont want somebody to take my 12 gauge from my front door lol

Odds are that if no one is home they will leave a card in ypur mailbox to pick it up a nearby postal outlet. That is what should take place. In future when ordering tell them that you want it 'held at post office'. This should ensure that they only deliver a notice to pick up. This only works with items shipped by canada post though. I will not order ammo from cabelas again...first and only time the courier left it on my porch. I live on a busy street and my porch is only about eight feet off the sidewalk. I still price through cabelas but bullseye sports in London and SFRC in Harrowsmith are stand-up dealers and my go-to suppliers.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    You will probably get a notice from Cabela's that they will NOT process your order. PALs are valid for 5 years and expire on your birthday of that year so say your birthday is July 1 it will be expire on July 1 2013. If your b'day is after it is issued like Nov. 15 it may be 2022 OR 2023 not sure if they would issue it for a few extra months.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

CGN frequent flyer
    I can confirm they issue for a few extra months, mine was issued before my birthday and expires 5 years from my next birthday. Not sure about the not possessing before your card comes I called for my PAL number and when they asked why I said to order some ammo and they didn’t seem to care, they willingly gave me my number.

shiet well okay was worth a shot, blows my mind you cant print off a temp card and use your DL as facial ID till the card comes in

Quote Originally Posted by MattE93 View Post
    I can confirm they issue for a few extra months, mine was issued before my birthday and expires 5 years from my next birthday. Not sure about the not possessing before your card comes I called for my PAL number and when they asked why I said to order some ammo and they didn’t seem to care, they willingly gave me my number.
    i called the rcmp back and got my expiry date. (shouldnt be any problems now). i also called cabelas had my expiry date changed and i told them i want it dropped off at my nearest post office. i didnt want my 16 year old brother signing for a shotgun lol. that and my family isnt legally aloud to handle a fire arm without my presence

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivepointoh View Post
    do they just drop the gun on your front porch lmao?
    No, they are well versed in security, no worries there.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes