Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wk 180c problem, mounting eotech mount

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    I have removed the bolt and tried to slide it on from the rear but no luck.
    It will go on the hand gard rail

Just in case others are thinking of getting it, The mount is EOTech 3x Magnifier G33 STS 3rd Gen Quick Switch to Side Mount.
    The quick detach is probably the reason it is too thick but just a enough to cause problems.
    Last edited by William_mississauga; 09-27-2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

BANNED
    ^^^^darn, that sucks it doesn't work, I was under the impression everything that fits onto a 1913 rail would work.

I don't really have the patience and time to examine the specs and measurements of all the red dots and magnifiers on the market and what will work and what won't

CGN Regular
    If I recall correctly, the specs of a 1913 rail includes how much clearance underneath. Therefore if parts like the receiver body is in the way, it’s not true 1913.

See below
    Name:  149AB97E-CFE8-4D4F-8E38-85DA23A79C6A.gif
Views: 1303
Size:  18.1 KB

Someone probably wasn’t paying attention to the full specs when drawing up the design.

Another firearm that has this problem is the X95 handguard, you couldn’t fit a tangodown vertical grip in without fitting.
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 09-27-2018 at 10:29 PM.

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    If I recall correctly, the specs of a 1913 rail includes how much clearance underneath. Therefore if parts like the receiver body is in the way, it’s not true 1913.

See below
    Name:  149AB97E-CFE8-4D4F-8E38-85DA23A79C6A.gif
Views: 1303
Size:  18.1 KB

Someone probably wasn’t paying attention to the full specs when drawing up the design.

Another firearm that has this problem is the X95 handguard, you couldn’t fit a tangodown vertical grip in without fitting.
    Thanks for the info. The 2x .367" min on the spec is not what the wk is at, mine measure out at .305"
    Last edited by William_mississauga; 09-28-2018 at 05:32 PM.

CGN Regular
    ^if there’s enough “meat” under the pic rail, perhaps future iterations can include a true 1913 rail.

I feel like all your problems could be solved with 2 minutes and a dremel. Nobody ever said customizing a rifle didn't involve a little bit of elbow grease or tools.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    I feel like all your problems could be solved with 2 minutes and a dremel. Nobody ever said customizing a rifle didn't involve a little bit of elbow grease or tools.
    Soon as bubba gets his hand on that gun good luck ever getting 1/2 of what you are invested in it. If the OP plans on keeping it for life let bubba work his magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    You say "customizing" like it's a good thing in this case...
    A dremel is not the right tool for anything. Especially not a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
    You say "customizing" like it's a good thing in this case...
    A dremel is not the right tool for anything. Especially not a firearm.
    each to their own, I'm curious as to how you think the metal on that mount came to be the specific shape it is. They sure didn't mine it out of the ground in that shape. It was machined, You can use whichever tool you'd prefer but it sounds like an easy fix to me.

Some of us want everything we buy to just somehow fit absolutely everything you could possibly mount it to, some of us rely on a gunsmith for absolutely anything, some of us are capable an confident with using tools on our own. I am not judging anyone for which category they fall into, it was simply a suggestion for a simple solution to a simple problem. As stated in earlier posts, there are plenty of rifles out there that have some form of obstruction that may not allow everything that could possibly be mounted to a rail to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    The eotech will not fit the WK180C as the upper receiver shoulder is to high along the bottom of the Picatinny rail.
    I had the same issue with scalar works mount- thumb wheel contacts receiver.
    No step on Snek.