Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wk 180c problem, mounting eotech mount

Mistake? This rifle was not, as stated, designed to compete in a military trial.

I would suggest taking the mount to a good machinist and having them take the appropriate amount of material off of the bottom of the mount so that it will fit on the receiver. One could even do it with a good sharp file it one was competent enough. There are also small riser rail pieces available that would solve the problem.

Scott
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by m39a2 View Post
    Mistake? This rifle was not, as stated, designed to compete in a military trial.

I would suggest taking the mount to a good machinist and having them take the appropriate amount of material off of the bottom of the mount so that it will fit on the receiver. One could even do it with a good sharp file it one was competent enough. There are also small riser rail pieces available that would solve the problem.

Scott
    It is a mistake but it's also acceptable and to be expected with any early version of a product!

The designer/manufacturer can/should implement an inexpensive work-around/fix and sell it at cost plus shipping.
    * My idea is simply to design a proper spec rail/riser/spacer which will attach to the out of spec upper receiver.
    Everyone is happy and the early buyers get a potential "collector's limited edition" out of spec upper receiver.

I've not received my WK180 yet even after putting 200$ deposit on it months and months ago and am looking forward to finally getting it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    Here's my trigger guard that was fitted with a dremel. If you know what you're doing you can easily modify certain parts without destroying their function or value. It's like working on cars, some mods will add value, some will not, and the competency of the worker is the main factor. If the mod makes you happy and you plan to keep the rifle, more power to you. That being said i personally would not mod the eotech...
    Attachment 213542
    This is true and more pictures, please.
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

When these sights first came out I recall the low-drag high-speed crowd types retrofitting their screw/nuts with thinner and smaller diameter aftermarket versions for just these reasons.
    Not sure if the need for these accessories is as common or needed. There may not be a modern equivalent for your particular model.
    The price was reasonable at the time.
    Might want to look into this possible option before hauling out the Dremel and/or files and cold blueing.

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

Bring it over I'll put It in my rusty old vice and tune it up with the angle grinder bubbas got this.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
    Bring it over I'll put It in my rusty old vice and tune it up with the angle grinder bubbas got this.
    Pretty soon we will see this. The pics of ground and dremmeled uppers will flow soon. It will be interesting to see how guys mod this upper receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    * My idea is simply to design a proper spec rail/riser/spacer which will attach to the out of spec
    A good enough idea that I tried it with a super short riser (1/4” or so) that I had lying around in the “random gun parts” box. The optical axis was only slightly too high and the optic did sit level however the eye relief of this particular elcan is very short, and once the riser was installed it covered the rear 2-3 rail slots which in turn wouldn’t allow me to get the optic close enough to my ugly mug to see through.
    Would possibly work for other people having issues as long as they weren’t super fussy about the height difference. Personally I probably wouldn’t have used it because of that, even if I hadn’t had the relief issues. But I am pretty damn fussy...
    Last edited by mr.fatstacks; 10-21-2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

CGN Regular
    We just have to accept some optics will not work on this rifle. That's all we can do. I would suspect that if they have enough hand guards to do multiple versions of the rifle like the 7.62x39 than this issue will be present on all 180c rifles.
    A major fail on Kodiacs part, but there is nothing that can be done now. They would have to remake every receiver and hand guard.
    Last edited by CRBurton; 10-21-2018 at 01:26 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
    My friend uses a QD American Defense Scope mount on his WK no problem.

I use an Aero Precision Mount on mine (not QD, and no issues).

I'll see if I can try my Eotech G33 Magnifier tonight.
    ADM also offers a few Aimpoint mounts....so maybe there is a solution for these red dots?
    Disappointing the original Aimpoint mounts won't work on the rail but I still want the rifle.
    Any one else out there who can test fit any of their ADM mounts on to their WK180 and report?
    Last edited by Steiner; 10-21-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcharb View Post
    my vortex uh1 wont mount too.

Just received one for this rifle specifically, for Christmas. Does not go on.

Super ####ty.

UPDATE: Looked into removing the QD bolt, was staked/peened, called Vortex, they said to give it a shot, if the nut strips I'm covered under warranty. Removed the nut & bolt. Optic slid on. Works like a hot damn.
    Last edited by Dave_K; 12-20-2018 at 01:21 PM.