Thread: Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

Hi Folks,

in 1990 I held and FAC and a meager .22 lever action. I don't even remember what maker it was. But I used to shoot my brother and his friends rifles - all of which sans the AR, are prohibited. I can also remember walking into Peel Regional Police on Dixie Rd with my brother and surrendering his Franchi Spaz 12 that my he had paid $700 for. Barely got a thank you, less $700 of his money. This was a big reason why I let my license lapse.

Nonetheless, the bug has bitten once again and since I never had a chance to shoot pistol, here I am awaiting my license and already owning a Glock 17 and a Ruger AR. For some reason, I have an affinity for .40 S&W and have been telling myself no about purchasing the S&W M&P. But I`m going to do it anyway. Almost.

Like most of us, I am not a wealthy man. And as you may remember, getting into this hobby/sport has some significant start up costs, and I am obviously already somewhat balls deep. So to speak.

My question/concern is; Are we screwed with this new bill and threatened handgun ban? I don't want to spend any more money only to have to go through what I did in 1991. I`m not interested in handing over my hard earned money to Mr. Dressup and cronies based on their desire to collect votes and remain in power. The sour taste in my mouth from `91 remains to this day and the shotgun wasn't even mine.

I`d drop the money on the .40 S&W in a second if I felt better about the whole damn thing. Blair with his smug face and bs answers yesterday have done nothing to appease me as a legal, licensed, law abiding, soon to be gun owner.

Why wait to do it now? Get a license and buy guns? I registered for my course before the lunatic went ape #### on the Danforth and things weren't as noisy as they are now. Hindsight is 20/20, right?

Cheers,
    EZTRGT
    Kyle

Don't read into it all too much, I can't see an actual ban on handguns or ARs happening. The power to give cities the ability to ban them within their limits may happen, but I expect this to only be a problem in bigger cities.. let's hope it doesn't happen at all though.

If a ban were to happen, most people expect we'd just be grandfathered in. People saying otherwise and basing their claims on nothing, and if they weren't grandfathered, the precedent has been set in Austalia and we'd be compensated for our firearms & all firearm accessories.

Don't overthink it. I was starting to, but I don't really let it get to me. I got my PAL last week and I've dropped well over $5k already, lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Lee Enfield's Avatar
    Time to grow a pair and man up.

Most people spend more in coffee and crumpets in a given month than your likely to on firearms.

This isn't Australia, nor is it England.

If they want them, they don't have the capability to take them.

The feminized "beta" males will line up to voluntarily turn their property and their rights in to get another bowl of gruel. Just like the Katyn Polish officers obediently waited to be executed 1 at a time by the Soviets.
    BSN from the Republic of Alberta

http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/

The little red devil on my shoulder is saying "Eff it, buy the damn gun.", lol.
    The Halo side is screaming "You cant afford to lose all your guns and accessories...."

Mr. Dressupnd Co. truly scare me.

EZTRGT
    Kyle

I have a few friends who have been in the game for a long time. A couple of them have over 200 firearms each. They have all lived though various bands and are just fine. My one friend had all his prohibs grandfathered and the only person that I know who has full auto and surpressors. He is not military but trains our troops with his own firearms such as his Browning BAR in full auto. Always fun to hang out with him. I asked them if they are afraid of a ban and they just shrugged their shoulders but hypothetically I asked them if there was full ban, what would they do and they reminded me that the ban would only be on the frame or reciever and that they are more then will to turn those in but not the parts. They also said that hypothetically they can carve an AR lower out of a chunk of 2x6, not that they will ever do that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LastOutpost View Post
    I have a few friends who have been in the game for a long time. A couple of them have over 200 firearms each. They have all lived though various bands and are just fine. My one friend had all his prohibs grandfathered and the only person that I know who has full auto and surpressors. He is not military but trains our troops with his own firearms such as his Browning BAR in full auto. Always fun to hang out with him. I asked them if they are afraid of a ban and they just shrugged their shoulders but hypothetically I asked them if there was full ban, what would they do and they reminded me that the ban would only be on the frame or reciever and that they are more then will to turn those in but not the parts. They also said that hypothetically they can carve an AR lower out of a chunk of 2x6, not that they will ever do that.
    How the fk can a 'person' legally possess supressors? There aint no grandfather clause for those.

How is he 'training our troops"? A browning BAR in 'full auto'? The CAF don't have BARs, and they wouldn't train with it anyways since they don't have them, and it's a privately owned gun.

Not saying I smell bullsheet, but I'm very close to it.

Edit: unless your friend is in the USA... then it makes some sense.
    Last edited by tharkhold; 09-24-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    How the fk can a 'person' legally possess supressors? There aint no grandfather clause for those.

How is he 'training our troops"? A browning BAR in 'full auto'? The CAF don't have BARs, and they wouldn't train with it anyways since they don't have them, and it's a privately owned gun.

Not saying I smell bullsheet, but I'm very close to it.

Edit: unless your friend is in the USA... then it makes some sense.
    A very long lineage of passing down. Very long....and it would be nothing close to what you have come to know of what one is today. Otherwise I smell something
    Last edited by Avalonthas; 09-24-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Step in be heard and buy what you want with the rights you have not yet had taken from you.