Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Introducing The Hurricane FD12 - 12GA Bullpup Semi Automatic (NON RESTRICTED!)

Is there anyone else who has some opinion on this 12 ga bullpup, preferably with range time on it?
    My fingers are itching to know. I am craving a new bullpup of some sort to feed my urges. and I think 12 ga is on the prescription.

Took mine to the range last weekend.
    Shot 20 rounds of 2 3/4 federal 1oz 1650 fps slugs.
    The thing cycled perfectly.
    Did I mention that it's an indoor range?
    There where 5 other guys shooting handguns .
    Surprise Mother F@#kers!!!
    Big badaboom!!!
    Everybody started laughing.
    Lot of smoke and muzzle flash.
    Recoil is not so bad though.
    I adjusted the sights the best I could at 25 yards.
    Seems pretty accurate but hard to say at such a close distance.
    The only things that seems a bit on the weak side are the sights and the foldable front grip witch are plastic.
    Otherwise the whole thing seems very well build.
    I'm very happy with it so far

Any news when the new Typhoon F-12 with the flush fit chokes will be coming in ??

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    Is the fake suppressor included or not? If not, why not?
    I read elsewhere that the fake suppressor could be made available separately. Did we just not get them in Canada or is there a different completely unrelated product that might fit on this shotgun.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Geer_Hoor View Post
    Looking up this firearm on Youtube videos it appears the shells eject pretty far forward... I'm guessing they're using slug or buck... any idea on how they will eject using a waterfowl load.. thinking of combining the 4 inch barrel extension with choke (is that possible)... I ask about the ejection because being a lefty I'm not interested in eating the brass n plastic.

disregard about the waterfowl loads... just read "notes and disclosure" ... still interested in knowing about the barrel extension combined with the chokes though.
    I'm curious what you took away from the notes and disclosure regarding waterfowl. It's not stated in the details on Lockhart's site clearly as it is on the Trigger wholesale site.

Trigger Wholesale in the disclosures section includes: "Do not use choke values F (I), IM (II) or M (III) with Slugs. Do not use choke values F (I) or IM (II) with Steel Shot."

I read that as this is not suitable for waterfowl with steel shot (assuming you might want to use full choke.) Is that correct?

The FD12 might still be good for turkey (nice an maneuverable in a blind) assuming there is a turkey choke that fits. It's seems to be a bit on the heavy side for running/gunning or field hunting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234