Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cna barrels

Cna barrels

I tried to find reviews on these before buying one but couldn't find anything except some useless chatter on reddit. I bought one anyway, left a review on TNA and leaving one here.

This review is for a 10.5" CNA Barrel - 223Wylde - Parkerized finish. The stats can be found on TNA so I won't bore you to death with it.

I bought this barrel to build a budget CQB 0-150m rifle. Once the break in was done (barrel is not chrome lined), I slapped my Bushnell 10x40 mounted on a Burris PEPR to test accuracy at 100m. I used cheap 55gr federal bulk, Remington UMC, PMC Greentip 62gr, 62gr and 68gr generic handloads. I used 5 and 10 rounds group.

UMC gave me garbage groups between 4" and 6". Sometimes the group was 3" but one or two weird "umc" flyers were happening, stretching it to 6".

Bulk Federal 55gr gave me reliable 3" groups.

PMC 62gr Greentip gave me groups in the realm of 2" on a regular basis. Some smaller than 2" groups did happen, between 1.2" and 2"

Generic handload 62gr hornady got me regular 1.5" groups

Generic handload 68gr hornady got me close to a reliable 1" group everytime with 2 sub-moa groups (.8 and .9)

So the 10.5" CNA barrel has accuracy potential for its low cost. 150 rounds were shot for this test.

I did run it thru its pace after break in and before scoping it I ran two CQB course of fire of 200 rounds each. Rifle ran fine with zero malfunction besides the "canadian stopage" due to our magazine laws.

A total of 550 rounds has been fired thru the rifle without clean up.

Overall for the price, this barrel delivers everything you'd expect from an AR15 barrel. It's not chromelined, it was not part of my criterias since this rifle won't see a combat zone and maintenance isn't an issue. I chose parkerized finish because it was cheaper and I'll do a rattle can paint job on it soon.

One more test needs to be done: barrel life ! I'll run an accuracy test every 1000 rounds to see when accuracy decreases.

Great value barrels if you're on a budget or building a "bin parts" AR15. Buy with confidence and thanks TNA for the affordable goodies !

Here is the franken rifle
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Thanks for the write-up :D
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

DT741

Good review.

Do TNA barrels come with the A-2 Front sight block, or was it installed after the fact??

Thx

AbH

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    DT741

Good review.

Do TNA barrels come with the A-2 Front sight block, or was it installed after the fact??

Thx

AbH
    I don't think any CNA barrels currently have FSBs installed. If they did it would be shown in the product description.
    generally anything with an FSB installed is either 16 or 20" that we've come across
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    DT741

Good review.

Thx

AbH
    They come with barrel and pre installed barrel extension. A2 FSB and flash hider were added from my part bin.

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    Thanks for the write-up :D
    I left one on your website but it doesn't show

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    I left one on your website but it doesn't show
    thanks

it should be up now
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms

Little bit of update:

I'm up to 2000 rounds fired thru the barrel in different courses of fire. Mostly CQB matches, some mag dumps and rapid fire. This budget barrel has been put thru its pace and shows no accuracy loss or any premature wear.

70% of the ammo fed thru it was hot Norinco loads. The remaining 30% is federal Independance, remington UMC, american eagle 55gr bulk and some PMC Xtac 62gr.

I still get the same groups at 100m while scoped.

Great little barrel

Super GunNutz
    I recently had a 20 inch CNA barrel chambered in 6.5 Grendel. Built on an Aero Precision set.
    It was easily shooting MOA with my handloads.
    And I’m sure it was capable of much better with a little more love

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Make a 20 inch lighter installed FSB type?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast