I have a remington 30-06 that was stamped a 270 cal at factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a lawyer. And Quebec is differnt then the rest of the provinces. But since you never suffered injury, your compesatable loss is minimal. If your lucky you may be able to get you gas money or tag fees out of them, but its going to be hard and very minimal.

Of course it is if you going to claim it was a "dangerously unsafe product"

Everything about it is wrong, but it wasn't actually dangerous.

It's not significant because the calibre mixup was completely random. If you agree, then this situation just as easily could have been a 270 barrel with a 308 stamp, which would be catastrophic. If you disagree, then you're insisting Remington went out of their way to send this customer the wrong barrel, but checked to make sure it wouldn't be an "unsafe" wrong barrel.

It's not significant because the calibre mixup was completely random. If you agree, then this situation just as easily could have been a 270 barrel with a 308 stamp, which would be catastrophic. If you disagree, then you're insisting Remington went out of their way to send this customer the wrong barrel, but checked to make sure it wouldn't be an "unsafe" wrong barrel.

Thats a narrow but suspiciously specific option list. I'm with gatehouse, not a dangerous situation. And since it isn't an alternate universe, the mixed up variables remain constant at not dangerous. Useless and odd, warranting an immediate replacement or refund yes. Not warranting compensation for poor planning. There's nothing else to debate.

Random or on purpose, the OP was not in any danger shooting a 270 round in a 3006 barrel.

Bad QC, yes. Dangerous, no.

Not every problem with a gun has to be a big drama.....

I don’t reload or gunsmith or shoot very many calibers...
But isn’t it only a couple of specific cases where you can factory headspace a barrel and fit two different cartridges?

This rifle was stamped incorrectly but headspace was probably checked during assembly, as the mentioned .308 example whether it was a 30-06 or a .270 chamber there’s no way a .308 headspace gauge would pass.

The only real mix up could be a smaller round in a caliber that shares the same case length? How can a dangerous situation arise?

Like I said I’m a casual shooter at best so correct me if Im wrong

Going to close this thread for now.

The OP or anyone else can contact us to reopen the thread at anytime.

Right now we are still waiting for the OP to bring the gun into the store or send it to us. Both companies have offered to help. Until then we can't proceed with the service call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of the wrong chambering though a number of gunsmiths and others have mentioned that a 270 in a 30-06 is not recommended but not dangerous. The bullet is undersized so gas escapes around the bullet, unlike an oversized bullet when it doesn't go down the barrel and the gasses have no where to go causing a very dangerous situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom