Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I have a remington 30-06 that was stamped a 270 cal at factory

I have a remington 30-06 that was stamped a 270 cal at factory

I have a remington 783 thats supposed to be a 270 cal but is actually a 30-06 but was stamped a 270 cal at factory. I bought this gun a few weeks back and I bought or wanted to buy a 270 cal. I took the new gun on a hunting trip that I drove 1000 km to get to the area I had my moose license in to find out when I tried to sight in my new rifle I could not hit the side of a barn with it. I was convinced that the scope was problem. I then got a friend to help me sight in and still same problem. We eventually put the gun to 15 yards from the target and still could not hit a target that was 2 feet by 2 feet square. He said he had never seen anything like this before. Then he looked at the top of the barrel and said give me a bullet. He took a 270 bullet and tried to fit it in the barrel and realised even the casing would go inside and the bullet could wobble in it, he then looked at me and said im pretty sure this gun is a 30-06 and not a 270 cal. I couldnt believe it my hunting trip was ruined I had no rifle. When I returned back home I brought it back to the dealership I bought it and the gunsmith confirmed it was a 30-06. After they first basically called me crazy before I showed them how the bullet fit. They said they had never seen this before or heard. This is a major mistake and safety issue. The dealership offered a straight swap for the gun but I feel the least remington can do to compensate my wasted trip is a free rifle. I am having very little success with the customer service line in Quebec. Can anyone help direct me to somewhere with remington I can get some help and to some areas online I can post this to make it public. I know there has been 2 more guns like it found at the dealership and im sure there is more. The customer service is treating it as a warranty case but I think its an example of poor quality control and product control. Thanks

That is a major boo boo, and I’m pretty sure needs to be reported to some sort of authority.
    I suggest being very loud about it till Remington shuts you up with a big wad o cash.
    ALHTHEIA

ANy suggestions where to report it or any sites to post on

This rifle is probably collectable now, just like those misprinted stamps and money. Hang on to it.

Contact Gravel Agency and see what they have to say. Sounds like the retailer has already resolved your issue though.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

That is a very dangerous mistake on remington and i feel your frustration but no offence driving a 1000kms to go hunting with a new rifle that's not even sighted in seems kinda crazy to me.

Could of been worse. You could of got a .270 stamped .30/06. While I agree it is unforgiveable, I can't wrap my head around bringing an untouched rifle on a hunting trip. So many things can go wrong to rely on out-of-the-box. I wouldn't do that with a sleeping bag let alone my main Hunter.
    The more people i meet, the more i like my dog.

Jesus!

CGN Regular
    Good ol' Remington QC hard at work.

If you can post issue on Remingtons twitter feed. They will hate the bad press and fix it in some way immediately.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast