Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis1 View Post
    Hmmm that's weird that the first ten rounds after were doing that? What ammo were you using for this? I don't know what to say either? Glad the last 15 went without a hiccup. Maybe try another 100 rnds and let us know?
    Yeah, I wanna get back to the range as soon as possible and put a bunch more rounds through it.

Ammunition used was the same Federal Lake City 149 grain as last time.

Magazines were the XCR-M pistol mags and the Magpul 5/10 that the rifle came with.

I’m thinking that your Lake City, which I’m assuming is 7.62, was causing it to short stroke. These guns are set up for the hotter 308. I’m thinking that as your rifle breaks in, your 7.62 will cycle fine. My guess anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    Yeah, I wanna get back to the range as soon as possible and put a bunch more rounds through it.

Ammunition used was the same Federal Lake City 149 grain as last time.

Magazines were the XCR-M pistol mags and the Magpul 5/10 that the rifle came with.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikin67 View Post
    I’m thinking that your Lake City, which I’m assuming is 7.62, was causing it to short stroke. These guns are set up for the hotter 308. I’m thinking that as your rifle breaks in, your 7.62 will cycle fine. My guess anyways.
    i would totally agree with your statement-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What would be a good factory ammo for this rifle that can be purchased in larger quantities (500 or 1000?)

I want one so bad !!

Quote Originally Posted by Anikin67 View Post
    I've never shot a new semi auto rifle that I didn't ninja around in my basement with by cycling it a few hundred times first. Don't you guys do that?
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    I ended up dimpling the barrel for the gas block, first time I’ve ever done it but loads of YouTube videos out there
    same here. Just need some rocksett. Any Chance I'll find it local? Autoparts store?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fattz View Post
    i would totally agree with your statement-
    Yup I agree! Kaiga, you can try the Hirtenberger surplus ammo. It comes in 240 end packs, not the most accurate stuff, depends on your rifle but it cycled in both rifles here just fine. Worth a shot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Shooting 308 in your basement??? lol I hope not hahahahaha that might chip away at the basement a little

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    What would be a good factory ammo for this rifle that can be purchased in larger quantities (500 or 1000?)
    I've found Federal's power shok (blue box) 150gr runs flawlessly and accurately in my other semi auto rifles so will probably go that route for the bulk of my shooting if i build in .308
    I've bought case lots of 500 in 150 and 180gr from reliable gun a couple years ago and it was quite reasonable considering it is hunting ammunition.