Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

Could Arms East Chime in and possibly provide an answer as to why these rifles are showing up half ass assembled? If they can't. Could they find out? Theres no excuse when your buying a $2000 dollar rifle and it shows up like there being described.
    Last edited by Gunner84; 10-09-2018 at 04:22 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner84 View Post
    Could Arms East Chime in and possibly provide an answer as to why these rifles are showing up half ass assembled? If they can't. Could they find out? Theres no excuse when your buying a $2000 dollar rifle and it shows up like there being described.
    2000$ rifle with issues? In the case of a BCL rifle, you can at least say "its because it's a BCL rifle" haha

For the stags, might be a sporadic issue, somewhere along the lines.
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    looks good man
    I'm very interested in hearing more about your rifle once you've had some time to put it to some use. 7mm-08 will be the build I do after christmas for the wife's rifle and will be using the same barrel maker.
    I had some problems with it the fisrt 80 rounds but that was all me. It wouldn't shoot worth a damn. I got home kinda miffed and stripped it down scrubbed it all and put it back together and noticed my scope was loose. D'oh.

Tripled checked everything and went back to the range to redo load development and ran into yet another user error. My bipod wasn't tightening up to The handguard and throwing shots.

So third time out redoing load development again I managed to repeatable print .62 moa groups at 200m.

I am going to finalize load development today hopefully. Double check groups and chronic the load. I have my star shooter bipod mounted now so it's even more stable now.

But for function. it functions flawlessly once I got it turned with the gas block. (Gas block was venting all the gas fisrt few shots. D'oh). But the quality and finish of the barrel. It is second to none. There is likely hordes of people on here that can attest to the quality of these barrels. Everything to do with the barrel was done by the same man from drilling to reaming to rifling, contouring, head spacing and the gas port. The gas block seat is bang on mic'd out to .936.

The rifle is so smooth and the recoil very linear. It will recoil nearly straight back and stay on target every shot. All the components just work so well together.

no biggie boys-in the least-good quality-tight shooter--lots for your money-couple of set screws loose??peanuts

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Pug View Post
    I am not a gun plumber, and am usually only comfortable with the "field strip"...therefore, can someone shed some light on how to best "tighten" up the potential gas tube issue on these new rifles?
    I honestly just made sure the screw holes in the gas block were lined up with the dimples, apply thread locker and give it a good hand tight. That's what I did anyways and it worked fine for an additional hundred rounds and by then I was done shooting.

CGN Regular
    Got mine to the range and finished up some shooting today. I haven’t had any issues with the gas block as reported by others. Or loose screws.
    Rifle:
    STAG 10 GI model .308
    Vortex crossfire 4-16 Tactical
    Vortex cantilever mount

Ammunition fired:
    Norma match 168gr .308
    American Eagle 150gr .308
    PRVI 145gr .308
    IVI surplus 7.62 1971 lot

I used the Norma match as a baseline and to zero the rifle at 100yards. Shooting from a prone supported position. This rifle was a tack driver with the Norma match. The PRVI and American Eagle are good plinking ammo with PRVI grouping the best out of the two. The IVI was very accurate, on par with the Norma match for accuracy.
    The only issues I did encounter were with the IVI surplus. The rifle would short stroke, fail to feed and had weak ejection. This has been an issue that others have reported as well with 7.62 having a lower pressure. .308 ammunition did not have any issues.
    Do I recommend the rifle? Damn skippy, everyone should have this rifle.

Cheers
    CSSA and CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Pug View Post
    I am not a gun plumber, and am usually only comfortable with the "field strip"...therefore, can someone shed some light on how to best "tighten" up the potential gas tube issue on these new rifles?
    There are two Allen key screws on the underside of the gas block. Snug them up. To do so, remove the hand guard (T15) screws and slide off the hg. Snug up the Gas block screws, the snug up the hand guard screws when you put it back on. If you know you’re good with your setup for a bit, lock-tite them.

I don’t like to think to tell people to snug up gas block set screws, but I do wonder if this is in anyway related to reports to both us and Stag Arms (and discussed between us) after the first shipment that the same nuts were (correctly) torqued and thread-lock used resulting in some difficulty with ‘initial teardowns’ and requests for replacement screws.

There may be a happy medium. But you should take 5 mins and check that you are happy with those gas block set screws good and snug on your new rifle.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner84 View Post
    See my reply in the post above if it’s my musings you’d like (previous complaints of the same screws being ‘too tight’ perhaps?).

I think you’ll find your rifle is well assembled, but you should snug up the gas block set screws, or ensure they are tight.

CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luis1 View Post
    I honestly just made sure the screw holes in the gas block were lined up with the dimples, apply thread locker and give it a good hand tight. That's what I did anyways and it worked fine for an additional hundred rounds and by then I was done shooting.
    This.

CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Seeker View Post
    How best I can't say, someone more experianced can step up to answer that.

I'm 6'6" so using an allen key to hand tighten should be fine. The red thread locker was only to ensure it doesn't work loose after reading how many others have had this issue even after tightening without thread locker. I just turned with two fingers until I couldn't go any further, with the handguard off. The handguard I used a FatWrench set to break at 38 - 40 inch pounds. Again blue thread locker was just in case.

If Stag or Arms East answers my earlier questions on proper torque settings I'll post back here as well.
    Sounds good. On my rifle I did the exact same thing, including two fingers tight. EDIT: STAG says 25 inch/lbs for the handguard screw.
    Last edited by ARMS EAST; 10-10-2018 at 10:02 AM.

CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com