Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    This is my first eh r rifle lol and my handguard screws were lose and my gas block canted to one side. I slid my gas block forward and used a pencil to make a line on top of barrel in line with the gas hole in the barrel and I think mind is almost spot on. Once I fire it I will quickly know but I’m a newb when it comes to eh r’s. I know every other style of firearm but I always avoided these cuz of restricted class. So far it’s one sweet rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Damn! My end-of-year bonus $$ can't get here soon enough! Argh!
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    I ####ing love it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Had mine out again today and it's functioning much better now.

40 rounds of Hirtenberger - 1 failure to feed.
    15 rounds of Lake City - 1 failure to feed.

Bolt held open every time.

Going to try some .308 next time.

So after reading a number of the posts on here I want to thank everyone for giving a heads up to the potential issues with this rifle. Because I was warned I took the rifle apart and checked all of the connections. Handguard screws were very loose and the gas block was tightened down but no thread locker was used. I didn't move anything just removed one gas block screw added blue thread locker and reinserted, tightened by hand. Then the other. Same with all of the handguard screws. I then took everything apart and cleaned it up really well. The packing oil was pretty thick and out of the box I could barely pull back the charging handle. After a good cleaning and lubrication, it loosened up a lot.

I took it to the range and I had 5 types of ammo to test it with. First was the Norinco surplus steel case, and it wouldn't even feed, jammed up the mechanism and was a pain to clear. After that we decided to not do that again. Lol. So we switched to all brass case ammo. We had Federal 308 150 & 180, Remington 308 180gr. All were lead tipped hunting bullets. We also had the Hirtenberger surplus 762x51. We used magpul Pmag gen 3 and all of the brass fired 100%, no failures to feed or eject, bolt hold open worked on every mag. We fired off between 80-100 rounds with not a single hiccup in operation.

My guess is that in the rush to get these out the door, we were all screaming at Arms East because we wanted them so bad, that some final assembly details and QC was overlooked. I don't know if it is standard practice for Stag to add a drop of thread locker at assembly stage? If not it might be useful to give them some feedback.

As far as cleaning a gun before first use, we all know we should probably do it. I have been guilty of not following that good advice and shot a number of guns "right out of the box" and had varying results. This gun is not alone in having to check a few things, but with the shipping oil, they really need it. The difference in cycling the action from out of the box to after a proper cleaning was like from, I can barely cycle this I am going to have to buy a new extended charging handle this is so stiff, to a smooth tight mechanism that functions well.

Yes it would have been nice if Stag had delivered and functioned tested each one, but that would have been a further delay. I am just glad to have one that we can shoot for now anyways.

Thanks to Arms East for bringing these great NR rifles.

PS There is no such thing as an assault rifle. Assault is what one person does to another regardless of what tool they choose to assault them with. Put the blame where it belongs on the person not the object.

Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    My SA-20 needed a big brother so I used up some AR parts I had and went with a more retro look for this Stag 10 receiver set. Finally put it together after the 20” Barrel arrived. Still deciding which optic I am going to go with.

Niiiiice Stag 10. How much does that baby weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcountry1 View Post
    So after reading a number of the posts on here I want to thank everyone for giving a heads up to the potential issues with this rifle. Because I was warned I took the rifle apart and checked all of the connections. Handguard screws were very loose and the gas block was tightened down but no thread locker was used. I didn't move anything just removed one gas block screw added blue thread locker and reinserted, tightened by hand. Then the other. Same with all of the handguard screws. I then took everything apart and cleaned it up really well. The packing oil was pretty thick and out of the box I could barely pull back the charging handle. After a good cleaning and lubrication, it loosened up a lot.

I took it to the range and I had 5 types of ammo to test it with. First was the Norinco surplus steel case, and it wouldn't even feed, jammed up the mechanism and was a pain to clear. After that we decided to not do that again. Lol. So we switched to all brass case ammo. We had Federal 308 150 & 180, Remington 308 180gr. All were lead tipped hunting bullets. We also had the Hirtenberger surplus 762x51. We used magpul Pmag gen 3 and all of the brass fired 100%, no failures to feed or eject, bolt hold open worked on every mag. We fired off between 80-100 rounds with not a single hiccup in operation.

My guess is that in the rush to get these out the door, we were all screaming at Arms East because we wanted them so bad, that some final assembly details and QC was overlooked. I don't know if it is standard practice for Stag to add a drop of thread locker at assembly stage? If not it might be useful to give them some feedback.

As far as cleaning a gun before first use, we all know we should probably do it. I have been guilty of not following that good advice and shot a number of guns "right out of the box" and had varying results. This gun is not alone in having to check a few things, but with the shipping oil, they really need it. The difference in cycling the action from out of the box to after a proper cleaning was like from, I can barely cycle this I am going to have to buy a new extended charging handle this is so stiff, to a smooth tight mechanism that functions well.

Yes it would have been nice if Stag had delivered and functioned tested each one, but that would have been a further delay. I am just glad to have one that we can shoot for now anyways.

Thanks to Arms East for bringing these great NR rifles.

PS There is no such thing as an assault rifle. Assault is what one person does to another regardless of what tool they choose to assault them with. Put the blame where it belongs on the person not the object.
    Thanks for an insightful and even-keeled report. I'm glad to hear your rifle is now set up and working well. I'd be curious to try the Norinco again now that you have a few rounds through your rifle. We have been having good success here with Norc 308. I agree with your description of pre and post initial clean/lube and racking of action, etc. I think the rifles are built to fairly tight tolerance and do benefit from some break-in.

www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Niiiiice Stag 10. How much does that baby weight?
    I haven't had the chance to weigh it yet. I can let you know next week though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Not in the wild yet but got my Lefty Stag 10 GI model customized to my liking with FDE furniture.

No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...