Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627282930313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

Thanks for the reply, I am kinda Lila over the place with what optic to get, considering the Leupold VXR Patrol 3-9, PA HUD dmr 308 3-18 as well.. I want to stay under the $900 mark
    NEA 15 14.5, SA XDM 5.25 45acp, cz 858

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    My SA-20 needed a big brother so I used up some AR parts I had and went with a more retro look for this Stag 10 receiver set. Finally put it together after the 20” Barrel arrived. Still deciding which optic I am going to go with.

I love it, I have the similar idea, I'm waiting on a barrel and a BCG, I have the rest and I was wondering what size pins you used, the standard or the long ones?
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Quote Originally Posted by zack83 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I am kinda Lila over the place with what optic to get, considering the Leupold VXR Patrol 3-9, PA HUD dmr 308 3-18 as well.. I want to stay under the $900 mark
    Have a vxr patrol 1-4, great little optic, would highly recommend the 3-9 if you’re looking for a little more magnification. Love the Leupold firedot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    My .308 GI showed up this morning. Upgrades include a Magpul SLS Buttstock, LAW Tactical Folding Stock Adapter, Noveske Bad-Azz Charging Handle, Magpul MBUS Pro Offset BUIS, Ergo Grip, Geissele Trigger, Phase 5 Bolt Catch, Magpul MLOC VFG, Streamlight TLR1 HL, Griffin Armament FlashComp, and topped off with a Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5x 24mm Scope with Vortex Defender Caps, ARMS 34mm QD Rings and a Switchview Lever.

Weight unloaded is 12lbs 1.6 oz. Heavy, but workable for a Battle Rifle. I personally prefer lighter weight (eg. A Faxon pencil barrel would have been nice), but didn't want to spend the extra money. Perhaps a future upgrade, depending on how the stock barrel shoots. With all of my mods completed, I have the ergo set-up that I prefer for my AR builds, with just a few pieces of USGI furniture left over. As anticipated, the GI model made an excellent basis for a rack-grade shooter with some custom touches. So long as my rifle will shoot 2 MOA with my stash of South African surplus I will be a very Happy Camper!

what is your mag brand?

Quote Originally Posted by ARMS EAST View Post
    Thanks for an insightful and even-keeled report. I'm glad to hear your rifle is now set up and working well. I'd be curious to try the Norinco again now that you have a few rounds through your rifle. We have been having good success here with Norc 308. I agree with your description of pre and post initial clean/lube and racking of action, etc. I think the rifles are built to fairly tight tolerance and do benefit from some break-in.
    So after another winter if I am too much a wimp to shoot I got the Stag out for some more shooting. I had brass case and Norinco. Initially the Norinco wouldn’t feed again so I switched to brass. No issues at at everything fed and ejected with over 100 rounds. I the. Tried the Norinco Steel. Awe. And too my surprise, started today cycle properly. I put 30 rounds at the end of the day and no failures.

My thoughts are this gun I’ll break in after a couple hundred rounds and feed anything, as long as your screws are all checked and thread locked. I am super happy with the Stag 10

Love your mag! Magpul bipod works great!

I love this forum! Thank you everyone!!
    Take the red pill.

My build I just finished. Weighs 6.5lbs without scope and mag.
    ¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Quote Originally Posted by Younka View Post
    My build I just finished. Weighs 6.5lbs without scope and mag.
    Wow very very nice, do you have parts breakdown for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Younka View Post
    My build I just finished.
    Looks great, love the BSF barrel!