Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Alright, thanks guys.

The block itself didn't look like it had moved at all, and the markings on the barrel from the set screws lined up perfectly with the holes in the gas block, but I applied some blue loctite and re-torqued them anyway. Hopefully that does the trick.

A few of the handguard screws were definitely loose, and the ones that weren't probably would have been after a few more rounds. Gonna loctite them and torque them down as well.

Did you guys notice any other screws in particular that needed some attention?

Cheers,
    Kris

Any thoughts as to why these issues would be a rising with a Stag Rifle? I'd think QC would be a little higher with Stag Arms than the other competitor here in Canada. Should be receiving mine on Tuesday. Hopefully it's a solid unit.

CGN Regular
    To be perfectly honest gunner84 I would go over your rifle anyway, I usually do when I recieved a new firearm. I just never thought about checking a gas block. But you are right, how they didn't catch these things is maybe something for ARMS EAST to ask? Just an idea.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    Alright, thanks guys.

The block itself didn't look like it had moved at all, and the markings on the barrel from the set screws lined up perfectly with the holes in the gas block, but I applied some blue loctite and re-torqued them anyway. Hopefully that does the trick.

A few of the handguard screws were definitely loose, and the ones that weren't probably would have been after a few more rounds. Gonna loctite them and torque them down as well.

Did you guys notice any other screws in particular that needed some attention?

Cheers,
    Kris
    Yea mine was the same way, I guess with even a little movement it can screw up the gas flow? Who knows. I know ar10s are finicking in general.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Good to know about the screws loosening. Are the Stag-10 still in short supply or are they available everywhere now? Would love one for Christmas.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Good to know about the screws loosening. Are the Stag-10 still in short supply or are they available everywhere now? Would love one for Christmas.
    Apparently they are in stock now so they ship the next business day after your order. Merry Christmas!!

Tom
    12(6)TAHA-->TSA-->TMC-->LTVFG OHA-->CSSA&CCFR
    ***We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.***Firearms owners in Canada are like the Jews of 1930s Europe. We are harmless, but there's no effective opposition to cynical legislation depriving us of our property and freedom.***

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner84 View Post
    Any thoughts as to why these issues would be a rising with a Stag Rifle? I'd think QC would be a little higher with Stag Arms than the other competitor here in Canada. Should be receiving mine on Tuesday. Hopefully it's a solid unit.
    Maybe it has something to do with all those complaints about availability? Perhaps that caused a rushed job? I don't know and it's not an excuse but it may be an explanation...

Tom
    12(6)TAHA-->TSA-->TMC-->LTVFG OHA-->CSSA&CCFR
    ***We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.***Firearms owners in Canada are like the Jews of 1930s Europe. We are harmless, but there's no effective opposition to cynical legislation depriving us of our property and freedom.***

CGN Regular
    Hi Kris, what is the torque that you applied for the gas screws?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom 1 View Post
    Apparently they are in stock now so they ship the next business day after your order. Merry Christmas!!

Tom
    Doh!!! But YAY!! Unfortunately I don't think I can wait for Christmas knowing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon View Post
    Hi Kris, what is the torque that you applied for the gas screws?
    When I order and get mine, I'll dimple the screw points on the barrel, torque down the screws along with Loctite or Rockset or stake the screws.
    CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Doh!!! But YAY!! Unfortunately I don't think I can wait for Christmas knowing this now.

When I order and get mine, I'll dimple the screw points on the barrel, torque down the screws along with Loctite or Rockset or stake the screws.
    How much of a staking would you do to the screws? I locktite mine, I don't think I have much to worry about with the locktite melting but is it good to do both?