Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis1 View Post
    How much of a staking would you do to the screws? I locktite mine, I don't think I have much to worry about with the locktite melting but is it good to do both?
    I'll stake it with a center punch. I don't plan on swapping out the barrel or block anytime soon and they would be the least expensive parts to replace anyway.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Octogon View Post
    Hi Kris, what is the torque that you applied for the gas screws?
    I actually didn't even think to use a torque wrench, and I don't know what the recommended torque values would be anyway.

I just cleaned the threads with alcohol, applied loctite, and made sure they were pretty tight with a crappy little allen key.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis1 View Post
    How much of a staking would you do to the screws? I locktite mine, I don't think I have much to worry about with the locktite melting but is it good to do both?
    get new locktite 243 blue--will take heat up to 380 degrees

I ended up dimpling the barrel for the gas block, first time I’ve ever done it but loads of YouTube videos out there

Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    I haven't decided on a scope yet, but really wanted to try mine out, so I put an Aimpoint PRO on it and went to shoot some steel at 100 yards just for fun.

Thing was malfunctioning like crazy.

First 15 rounds were fine. Put 40 more through it and almost every round would fail to feed. A few times it would also fail to strip the next round from the mag, and also fail to lock open on the last round.

Ammo was Federal Lake City 147 grain. I doubt it was a magazine issue, as it was happening with all five of my XCR mags and the factory Magpul mag.

This is exactly what mine was doing. First mag was good, then it was basically a bolt action. I just chalked it up to being cold out, and id over oiled the gun. Guess ill have to strip it down and check the gas block.

Quote Originally Posted by nmason194 View Post
    This is exactly what mine was doing. First mag was good, then it was basically a bolt action. I just chalked it up to being cold out, and id over oiled the gun. Guess ill have to strip it down and check the gas block.
    gas block set screws 110%--block moved

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nmason194 View Post
    I forgot to mention that I did field strip it the night before, gave it a good cleaning, and oiled it.

Now that I've tightened the gas block, I really want to sneak out and hit the range again today to see if that helped.

CGN Regular
    I would do what we have been doing with our gas blocks. With mine there was zero play, but the screws took no effort to break. I moved the block around, re-aligned the screw dimples, held the gas block tight up against the ledge (not sure what you would call this, but there is one as you go up the barrel), locktite the screws and crank em down hand tight. I will probably ad staking to them too, but I don't own a vice so it will have to wait.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just got home from the range. Only brought 25 rounds with me because I didn't have much time.

First 10 rounds were still doing the same thing. Failure to feed every round. Then, the last 15 rounds fed perfectly. So I don't know what to think now, but I definitely wish I would have brought more ammo.

Tony from the Abbotsford range, if you're reading this, it was nice to meet you, and thanks for letting me shoot your awesome PDW!

CGN Regular
    Hmmm that's weird that the first ten rounds after were doing that? What ammo were you using for this? I don't know what to say either? Glad the last 15 went without a hiccup. Maybe try another 100 rnds and let us know?