Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VISA charge back?

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Why dont you start a claim with your cc company first and see how that goes?
    They bwill be the ones to say yay or nay.
    That is the real learning event.
    Rob
    Yup, that's the way to go to dispute charges. They do investigate and decide.

This will be a fun one..

Your statements are not exactly accurate Shooter1971.

IRUNGUNS has a 25% restocking charge on all cancelled orders. This is clearly stated upon checkout and on the payment confirmation you received after agreeing to make the purchase. The email you sent us to cancel your order was quite clear. This is store policy, the restocking charge is there to recoup the costs of restocking products after they are purchased, especially serialized items. There are several costs incurred when processing sales that require export to another country, these expenses are factored into the purchase, but if the purchase is canceled those funds are used to recover those costs.

The person you dealt with at IRUNGUNS offered to use the restocking charge towards the purchase of a receiver set once they came into Canada and an email was sent to you explaining that. Unfortunately, the store had built all the receiver sets into rifles which was unknown at the time the email was sent. So, it was explained to you that should a customer cancel one you would be first on the list or we will apply that restocking charge to a completed rifle. We can not offer something we do not have in stock.

I am sorry you are not happy with the outcome, but the offer still stands. Putting it on our forum is not going to change this.

Anyone know the process? Never had to resort to this but I am at my wit's end dealing with a cgn Vendor who had my money.

Recently contacted this Vendor out of Arizona who has had my money for a receiver set that was supposed to be delivered in July.

I was looking for a full refund because of their inability to supply the product on the promised schedule. With no reply at all from them, I shortly see a refund minus 25% on my VISA. After some back and forth and a new delivery date promise I agree to keep the order but ask for an email from them specifying the details. Receivers arrive and they email me basically saying tough luck you cancelled so we built yours into a full rifle but we'll sell you that. Then try and convince me they are doing me a favor ffs.

Just to be clear I never even actually said to cancel my order lol. Just made it clear a full refund was all I'd accept. Their punitive response was to cancel it and keep my money then reneg on a solution we had come to.

Totally let down by this other outfit. Just hoping to get my 100$ back. If not it will be a cheap lesson to never deal with these guys again
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 10-04-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    just a question? i tought a restocking fee is when you put the item back to your inventory. If it never was... how can it be restocking?

CGN Regular
    something changed with irg

Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    just a question? i tought a restocking fee is when you put vack the item bact to your inventory. If it never was... how can it be restocking?
    The sale was canceled and it was put back into inventory, that is why there was a restocking charge.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    um okay i thought the customer said you couldnt provide the item on time (basically usually it means you dont have it)

No, the item was in stock and the serial number assigned to the customer. Permits to bring the firearm into Canada were already applied for. For those who don't know, there are seven Governing agencies that regulate the export of Defense Products and sometimes things may take longer. Firearms and items under the USML are highly regulated and as such there are licenses and protocols that need to be adhered to. Although we work on a certain schedule there are no guarantees or exact dates.

The same can be said for restricted firearm transfers through the RCMP, or even acquiring a PAL can be a lengthy process. When you deal with the Government you have no choice but to work within their guidelines and policies, it's called Compliance. We make every effort to ensure customers are informed and know exactly what is charged, that is why we have not deleted this thread. The restocking charge is clearly stated throughout our website. We are not here to keep anyone's money and that is why one of our staff members offered to apply a credit from the restocking fee to a completed rifle or receiver set should he decide to follow through with the purchase.

Please keep in mind it is very expensive to move Defense Products between countries and unlike other companies we do not pad our margins because it is going to Canada. We sell firearms and accessories to Canadians for the same price we sell them to our American customers. Our costs and required protocols to cancel a sale that is going to the Canadian Commerce is considerably more, that is why there is a restocking charge.

Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    um okay i thought the customer said you couldnt provide the item on time (basically usually it means you dont have it)

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

I did not post in your forum a mod moved it. I just want what was promised.

No one called me as you specified you would do. I do not want a full rifle. I only need a receiver set.
    Last edited by Shooter1971; 10-05-2018 at 04:50 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    I’d call visa and tell them I never received item, please refund me.
    They will do it in a heartbeat
    Especially if you tell them that you might have to switch to MC

Been down that road with other vendors, never had issues with visa.

Usually a restocking fee is to compensate the vendor when a customer returns a special order item that the vendor will have trouble selling.
    There shouldn’t be a restock fee for stuff the vendor won’t have trouble selling