Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VISA charge back?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntnFishn View Post
    I have been in retail sales for 31 years and I can tell you my customers would hang me if I tried
    to charge them a restocking fee if they cancelled because I couldn't produce the item in the time frame
    discussed.Now as I see it the reciever was built into a full rifle and can be sold so vendor really isn't out
    of pocket.The vendor knows that if they charge you a restocking fee you will never use them again,
    obviously they don't care for your repeat business.Your post is alredy having an effect,cause I will not use the
    company that chisseled you and left that lame excuse at the end of your post.
    The vender is out of pocket for filing all the paperwork...then having to cancel it. The days of little elves working for free at night are long gone
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    Ya....so call the us government and demand they get there #### together!
    You think it's only a us gov issue? I have waited 2 years for a rifle from Europe that was in stock at time of order. Many dist only do one order a year from certain manufacturers, not something they tell you up front
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

That 25% restocking fee sounds pretty shady. Really makes me consider buying from them.
    "If you kill your enemies, they win" - Justin Trudeau

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    There lies the issue, nobody gave the customer a hard delivery date. It is the way gun companies do business today. It will only change if the customer stops buying and demands better
    This is the key.

I've had several good experiences at IRG, but holy hell, do they miss delivery timelines. Like a month or two I get, but multi-month delays are silly, especially when it becomes clear the issue is on the IRG side, not the permitting side.

I'll continue to use IRG, but only for 3rd party exports, or things that are already in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    You think it's only a us gov issue? I have waited 2 years for a rifle from Europe that was in stock at time of order. Many dist only do one order a year from certain manufacturers, not something they tell you up front
    Which is a gigantic failing from a customer service sense. They want you misinformed so you don't choose something else.

Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post
    The vender is out of pocket for filing all the paperwork...then having to cancel it. The days of little elves working for free at night are long gone
    No they are not LOL

They built it into a rifle and sold it. Its not like they had to import it twice.

Shawn

Not wanting to take either side of this, MANY dealers and vendors have no refund or refund-restocking policies when dealing with pre-orders or imports, since the timelines for theses firearm related items is always a best guess.

Nothing new and nothing surprising.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post

Which is a gigantic failing from a customer service sense. They want you misinformed so you don't choose something else.
    No, they want you committed to them rather than looking at third party importers, so the timeline is not given up front to make the sale/order
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancewithcrows View Post
    That 25% restocking fee sounds pretty shady. Really makes me consider buying from them.
    As IRUNGUNS stated previously in this thread, "No, the item was in stock and the serial number assigned to the customer. Permits to bring the firearm into Canada were already applied for. For those who don't know, there are seven Governing agencies that regulate the export of Defense Products and sometimes things may take longer. Firearms and items under the USML are highly regulated and as such there are licenses and protocols that need to be adhered to. Although we work on a certain schedule there are no guarantees or exact dates.

The same can be said for restricted firearm transfers through the RCMP, or even acquiring a PAL can be a lengthy process. When you deal with the Government you have no choice but to work within their guidelines and policies, it's called Compliance. We make every effort to ensure customers are informed and know exactly what is charged, that is why we have not deleted this thread. The restocking charge is clearly stated throughout our website. We are not here to keep anyone's money and that is why one of our staff members offered to apply a credit from the restocking fee to a completed rifle or receiver set should he decide to follow through with the purchase.

Please keep in mind it is very expensive to move Defense Products between countries and unlike other companies we do not pad our margins because it is going to Canada. We sell firearms and accessories to Canadians for the same price we sell them to our American customers. Our costs and required protocols to cancel a sale that is going to the Canadian Commerce is considerably more, that is why there is a restocking charge."

I dont understand why you would post that this is shady? There is a massive amount of paperwork involved in bringing firearms from the United States into Canada. When a customer cancels and IRUNGUNS has to unwind that sale, then there is more paperwork involved. That firearm is still coming to Canada regardless, as paperwork has been filed for the end user. It will sit on the shelves in the Canadian location until it is sold again. Some product moves quickly, other products do not.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntnFishn View Post
    I have been in retail sales for 31 years and I can tell you my customers would hang me if I tried
    to charge them a restocking fee if they cancelled because I couldn't produce the item in the time frame
    discussed.Now as I see it the reciever was built into a full rifle and can be sold so vendor really isn't out
    of pocket.The vendor knows that if they charge you a restocking fee you will never use them again,
    obviously they don't care for your repeat business.Your post is alredy having an effect,cause I will not use the
    company that chisseled you and left that lame excuse at the end of your post.

I believe we need to expand on the restocking charge to help everyone understand why it's there.

We have made this company policy and this why:

At one point IRUNGUNS would restock orders free of charge. It was a “free for all”!
    We spent more time fixing Export documents and End User statements amongst reversing our own internal processes. This became a full time job, not only did these documents have to be amended but it was a constant issue to ensure we received the amendments back from the State Department or Commerce in order to stay compliant. This was not too problematic for accessories but serialized items were a serious issue. Since implementing the 25% restocking fee policy our cancellations have been reduced by 87%.

It is very costly to export once a month, as “Yomomma” stated. We do not pick a handful of products and bring them into Canada, we allow our customers to pick from over 80,000 items. These items are sold at the same price we sell them for to our U.S. customers. So the margins are considerably tighter. Further to that, we feel Canadians are taxed to death that is why we also absorb the duties that come with ordering items that do not qualify under NAFTA ( or USMC as its known now). For instance, there is an 18% tariff attached to clothing from China. For example, Glock shirts and hats, 3.5 to 7% on firearms.

In most cases, once the licenses are filed the product is coming to Canada whether the customer cancels or not as filing amendments with the government generates other issues and could possibly create huge delays in the export process, which we just experienced with the Russian and China sanctions, thus making no one happy.

As some of you stated, “we haven't lost anything as we will sell it anyway”, in some cases that is true but we have a ton of one-off magazines, firearms, sights, parts and pieces that we will probably never sell. Not only does it take up space but it is dead stock. Added to that we 100% refunded approx 50 to 60 orders a month where people have ordered prohibited items like short barreled revolvers/pistols, tasers, thermal, AK variants, and just prohibs in general, which is also very costly. Whether they are testing the system or honestly don't know Canadian laws, is a mystery.

The cancellation policy which follows Visa and Mastercard’s Protocol is not hidden, it is on the checkout screen and in the payment confirmation email the customer receives after checkout.

Every company and industry has policies and procedures regarding refunds and cancellations. For those who think restocking charges are not common, is nieve.

You can't book a flight on any airline and cancel it a month later expecting to get a 100% refund.

In closing, we left this thread up to read the comments and to ensure people know the store policy. We are not here to lose customers and I apologize if some are offended.

I think I can speak for all dealers, there are always circumstances to every situation. Store policies are there for a reason. We as a company try and work with everyone.
    If you are a customer who yells and screams at our staff, sends abrasive emails or threats to our staff, we are more likely to enforce store policy.

Lastly, people have commented recently about us deleting their posts. We enjoy constructive criticism and advice, that's how we get better at what we do. We will not tolerate belligerent posts, so we kindly ask that you be respectful, it goes a very long way and please refrain from advertising on our forum.

The IRUNGUNS Team.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

It's not too hard to figure out why many people disagree with it.

1) It's a percentage

2) It's a high percentage

3) The rule is still enforced when orders don't arrive on time

Also the reason that's been explained, and the way it's been defended doesn't add up. Plus it sounds like you guys get way too many people wasting your time ordering things they can't and generally being a pain.

It's said the $25 USD charge on firearms and accessories we pay will cover the importation paperwork and importation into Canada. Makes sense. Paperwork takes time and time is money.

It's also the rule that when someone cancels their order that contains a $4000 dollar firearm that hasn't showed up on time for whatever reason, your company needs 25% or $1000 to cover the expenses incurred because of the cancellation. Seems a bit steep. Almost shady even, some might say.

Is their a maximum amount of time an order can be delayed for whatever reason before a full refund is processed? Or is the 25% enforced regardless of time?

This is an extreme but possible example. Still though, to most here $130 likely will come across as an unreasonable amount for paperwork on a receiver set that will undoubtedly have no problem being sold on the Canadian side of the border. Especially at the cost of a repeat customer.

In my opinion though they do provide a great service and have done right by me. Just be certain what you want before you order and don't expect it as fast as some other things in life.
    Last edited by kilo3niner; 10-08-2018 at 05:50 PM.