Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VISA charge back?

Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post
    This is the key. I've had several good experiences at IRG, but holy hell, do they miss delivery timelines. Like a month or two I get, but multi-month delays are silly, especially when it becomes clear the issue is on the IRG side, not the permitting side.
    Which is a gigantic failing from a customer service sense. They want you misinformed so you don't choose something else.

I totally agree with the last statement, it's lost of trust. In my case IRG started ignore me and stopped answer emails and voicemails..

I was charged restocking fee for the product which was not in stock. Absurd. The product late for months without any clear date of delivery.

I was loyal IRG customer for years. My previous purchase from them cost $4000+.
    You cannot penalize customers with for own mistakes. I don't mind to pay fee, if the product delivered on time and it's my decision to cancel the order.
    In case when the product late/never been delivered, I feel as a victim of fraud.

In my case, it's a perfect example, how only hundred dollars unfair charges destroyed business for thousands.
    Last edited by beket; 10-12-2018 at 07:36 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beket View Post
    I totally agree with the last statement, it's lost of trust. In my case IRG started ignore me and stopped answer emails and voicemails..

I was charged restocking fee for the product which was not in stock. Absurd. The product late for months without any clear date of delivery.

You cannot penalize customers with for own mistakes. I don't mind to pay fee, if the product delivered on time, but it's my decision to cancel for some reasons.
    In case when the product late/never been delivered, I feel as a victim of fraud.

In my case, it's a perfect example, how only hundred dollars unfair charges destroyed business for thousands.
    You still claim they didn't have the product and that is the reason you cancelled.

If that was the case how did they build a rifle out of said product after you canceled the order?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

I guess I am a little lost. How were all the documents for a serialized item submitted when it wasn't in stock? Also how did that serialized defense item become a complete rifle build when it was already submitted?

Quote Originally Posted by Fore300 View Post
    I guess I am a little lost. How were all the documents for a serialized item submitted when it wasn't in stock? Also how did that serialized defense item become a complete rifle build when it was already submitted?
    I think it was in stock in the US, not landed in Canada yet. 2 different "in stock" parameters.

The buyer was waiting for it landed in Canada, it was late, so cancelled. They refunded his money less the restocking fee. They built it into a rifle in the US to fill another order, but offered the OP an in-store credit for the restocking fee in stead of a full refund.

Is that the laymans way of putting it?

If its the vendors advertised policy Visa won't touch it. They investigate how it is laid out and go from there. I am painfully aware how these orders work with other vendors as well. You can't complain about a clearly advertised policy after the fact it bites you in the ass. Take the credit and wait for the item to arrive.

I fully expect firearms items to take a year, LMAO, even if they say a month.

Quote Originally Posted by beket View Post

You cannot penalize customers with for own mistakes. I don't mind to pay fee, if the product delivered on time, but it's my decision to cancel for some reasons.

I work for a distributor and restocking fees are a norm and the reasons IRG states are a real cost that need to be recovered when the customer cancels for reasons inside your order terms. Now when your way late or screw up on the vendor end, which seems to be the case here, I will typically wave the restocking fee. In my opinion, this is what I would have done in this case. If they were somewhat on time and the OP just wanted to cancel for his own reasons, then absolutely the vendor is in the right to apply restocking fees. As stated above, IRG's cost are real and inventory costs money to have on the shelf.

Seems like the norm lately, someone buys something without looking at the rules/fine print and then blame the store on social media hoping for something for free.
    I personally blame the big box stores for allowing this, Walmart , princess auto lets you bring garbage back worn out products for a full refund no timeline .

Bahahahahahaha...

I have 5 guns I'd never get in Canada due to IRG.

98 percent of what they do is flawless.. Get over it and READ.

I have had multiple dealings with IRG. They are pretty good vendors and the few times they have screwed up they admit it and make it right.
    If the op had a bad experience then it's an exception and not the norm. There is a ton of BS paperwork in the gun industry and I appreciate what IRG is doing for us Canadians.

IRG does a fine job at what they do - procuring the not readily available.

Many fine folks JUST are getting their stuff after waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more. While IRG is not to fault (fully) for the delays, they also need to better communicate so they're customers dont feel ignore asking where their stuff is (when the general anticipation on how they operate, and [pending when/what you ordered], a month later you get it).

When things get ordered in June, and things are said to allure the sale (example, one gentlemen asked if he'd have his Stag in time for his wedding in September if I recall... he was told yes), and September comes and goes... that is reason to cancel without restocking fee.

Communication is key. So is patience, yes. But some people in the other import thread reported waiting since FEBRUARY for their stuff to be arriving in the last truck. Needless to say, even with their posted 25% restocking fee, does that not seem abundantly clear it should be waived should one of those people decided to pick their stuff up elsewhere during that wait?

Ive used IRG for multiple purchases, and I will likely use them again in the future for items I cant get in Canada... but I won't look forward to shopping with them again until things get smoothed out on their operational/communication end.
    It took a lot of, for a lack of better term... whining (on my end) to get them to live up to what was promised (combining shipping on items). I've missed my opportunity to hunt with my rifle this year due to the delays caused, which ultimately I am bitter about as well.
    In retrospect, had I ordered from "the other guy" I would likely have my rifle now.

I appreciate the kit they put together, I appreciate how they kept the "other guy" honest on price, and I will be happy to have my rifle in hand this week (hopefully). There are pros/cons to IRG, but I disagree with their restocking fee in this particular case. ]
    No instance is exactly the same, and the picture will always be shades of grey among the black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sa View Post
    I have had multiple dealings with IRG. They are pretty good vendors and the few times they have screwed up they admit it and make it right.
    If the op had a bad experience then it's an exception and not the norm. There is a ton of BS paperwork in the gun industry and I appreciate what IRG is doing for us Canadians.
    Not in this case. Now they prefer us to pay if they screwup with deadlines.