Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VISA charge back?

VISA charge back?

Anyone know the process? Never had to resort to this but I am at my wit's end dealing with a cgn Vendor who had my money.

Recently contacted this Vendor out of Arizona who has had my money for a receiver set that was supposed to be delivered in July.

I was looking for a full refund because of their inability to supply the product on the promised schedule. With no reply at all from them, I shortly see a refund minus 25% on my VISA. After some back and forth and a new delivery date promise I agree to keep the order but ask for an email from them specifying the details. Receivers arrive and they email me basically saying tough luck you cancelled so we built yours into a full rifle but we'll sell you that. Then try and convince me they are doing me a favor ffs.

Just to be clear I never even actually said to cancel my order lol. Just made it clear a full refund was all I'd accept. Their punitive response was to cancel it and keep my money then reneg on a solution we had come to.

Totally let down by this other outfit. Just hoping to get my 100$ back. If not it will be a cheap lesson to never deal with these guys again

Your statements are not exactly accurate Shooter1971.

IRUNGUNS has a 25% restocking charge on all cancelled orders. This is clearly stated upon checkout and on the payment confirmation you received after agreeing to make the purchase. The email you sent us to cancel your order was quite clear. This is store policy, the restocking charge is there to recoup the costs of restocking products after they are purchased, especially serialized items. There are several costs incurred when processing sales that require export to another country, these expenses are factored into the purchase, but if the purchase is canceled these funds are used to recover those costs.

The person you dealt with at IRUNGUNS offered to use the restocking charge towards the purchase of a receiver set once they came into Canada and an email was sent to you explaining that. Unfortunately, the store had built all the receiver sets into rifles which was unknown at the time the email was sent. So, it was explained to you that should a customer cancel one you would be first on the list or we will apply that restocking charge to a completed rifle. We can not offer something we do not have in stock.

I am sorry you are not happy with the outcome, but the offer still stands. Putting it on our forum is not going to change this.
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 10-04-2018 at 01:32 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Lol
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

IRGs... Never dealt with them but there are a couple of threads about some difficulties they have been having. IDK but it is enough for me want to avoid the hassle of bringing a firearm across the boarder.

BANNED

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Why dont you start a claim with your cc company first and see how that goes?
    They bwill be the ones to say yay or nay.
    That is the real learning event.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

BANNED
    As FLHTCUI said start with VISA

CGN Regular
    To answer the OP's question, keep it simple. Customer service doesn't like overly complicated stories. I ordered an item on X day. The merchant said it would be 3-5 weeks for delivery. I've contacted them to see what the problem is and they can't give me a good explanation as to when I'll get my stuff. I'd like a charge back please.

Be accurate but don't get into a Once upon a time story. It just bogs down the process.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GSG1911 View Post
    To answer the OP's question, keep it simple. Customer service doesn't like overly complicated stories. I ordered an item on X day. The merchant said it would be 3-5 weeks for delivery. I've contacted them to see what the problem is and they can't give me a good explanation as to when I'll get my stuff. I'd like a charge back please.

Be accurate but don't get into a Once upon a time story. It just bogs down the process.
    +1 - Keep it just that simple. Ordered, never arrived, want full money back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I work for bank.

submit your credit card claim right away.

There is a set window you can request a charge back, after that you are hooped.

without giving advise that could get me into trouble i second the comment above. Keep it simple.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    I've done this twice.
    Once was a US company.
    The shinnanigans they tried to bill my Visa was close 'nuff to fraud that my Visa
    cancelled the last effort on my card.

It sure helps to have an outstanding credit rating too.
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast