Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VISA charge back?

Will be spending my money with IRG again

Agree. Worth waiting for IRG. Patience is a good virtue. Good experience with IRG. Nice people!

CGN Regular
    I have purchased from IRG many times and never had an issue. I think some people just don't understand the process or know how to read correctly. I will be buying from them again in the future.

To answer OP question about the charge-back, if you call your bank and dispute the charge, they will credit you right away the disputed amount. They will then send the file up to either Visa or Mastercard who will then send it to the merchant (IRG), the merchant has specific time-frame to provide supporting documentation for the charge, if that documentation is accepted by Visa or Mastercard they will inform your bank and the credit you received will be reversed. If the documentation is not accepted then Visa or Mastercard will charge-back the merchant (IRG) and then pass this back to your bank to cover the credit they gave you.

If a merchant receives too many charge-backs they risk losing their merchant account. If a customer disputes too many charges and they are not legitimate disputes (IE all rule in merchants favor) they risk having their credit card canceled.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Sharked; 10-09-2018 at 11:25 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharked View Post
    If a customer disputes too many charges they risk having their credit card canceled.

Hope this helps.
    where do you get your info? If the disputes are legitimate claims of fraudulent transactions on your account, you could have hundreds and the CC company will not drop you as a client
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    where do you get your info? If the disputes are legitimate claims of fraudulent transactions on your account, you could have hundreds and the CC company will not drop you as a client
    Sorry I should have said, if you make too many disputes and they all decide in the merchants favor, then you risk having your credit card canceled. I worked many years in finance and seen it happen. Some customers use the dispute mechanism as a way to get stuff and not have to pay for it which is essentially fraud.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post
    His money WAS returned...minus restocking.
    So they forced him eating the 25% stocking fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    So they forced him eating the 25% stocking fee?
    It clearly states there will be a 25% restocking fee should the order be canceled. They generously offered to apply the restocking fee to the purchase of the same product or complete rifle. The op obviously declined the offer and just came here to complain and look for sympathy.

Thanks to share, I will do business somewhere else...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharked View Post
    Sorry I should have said, if you make too many disputes and they all decide in the merchants favor, then you risk having your credit card canceled. I worked many years in finance and seen it happen. Some customers use the dispute mechanism as a way to get stuff and not have to pay for it which is essentially fraud.
    Jeez dude it doesnt work that way. You wont get refunded till the merchant gets the item back. Its never really a win situation for the consumer. It takes a lot of time to make a dispute.

I dont see how you could be charged a restocking fee if they cant supply an item. Its like being charged a rsstocking fee on a defective item. Why would they put it back in stock if its defective? IRG are being jerks if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKESKULL View Post
    Jeez dude it doesnt work that way. You wont get refunded till the merchant gets the item back. Its never really a win situation for the consumer. It takes a lot of time to make a dispute.

I dont see how you could be charged a restocking fee if they cant supply an item. Its like being charged a rsstocking fee on a defective item. Why would they put it back in stock if its defective? IRG are being jerks if you ask me.
    They did get the item in stock. Took a long time but it still got there. Due to the U.S state department and other governing bodies that control the export of defense articles in the states. Everyone one else who ordered the same item received it.