Modern sporter update: The one you've been waiting for!

Very happy and exited for you guys! Will be selling my Ar upper and lower and placing an order when I have the new NR length barrel ready to go :D

Might as well place the order now. It’ll be late next spring before you’d get one now. That’ll give you plenty of time to pick up a barrel and sell you receiver set.

Hi Shaun, I'm one who got in on the spare lower billets from the first run. What is the current status? SN226. Thanks.

The last of production run #1 lowers will be going up to the anodizer next week, so figure about 3 to 4 weeks until they are ready.
I mistakenly thought we had 226 done but in checking the inventory we send to the anodizer with the parts, # 224 is the highest number that will be in this run.
Having the mill that was finishing the lowers cough a spindle is the reason. We lost several lowers due to this, as a result instead of getting 230 parts 224 were made and passed QC.
Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
After 10 days of down time on our newest milling machine ( needed new spindle assembly OUCH!!!!) yes. As of today we have 58 that are done op 1. There are 5 ops to make an upper.
Well at least your back up and running:)

So, 1 op per day?
5 days and you’ll have 58 ready for anodizing? If all goes smoothly.

That about right?

The last of production run #1 lowers will be going up to the anodizer next week, so figure about 3 to 4 weeks until they are ready.
I mistakenly thought we had 226 done but in checking the inventory we send to the anodizer with the parts, # 224 is the highest number that will be in this run.
Having the mill that was finishing the lowers cough a spindle is the reason. We lost several lowers due to this, as a result instead of getting 230 parts 224 were made and passed QC.
Sorry for the confusion.

Unfortunate but I knew it wasn't 100% that my lower would make it in due to the possibility of production errors. That spindle couldn't have been cheap to replace, plus the down time and loss of product. I look forward to my receiver set when it comes (#2 on the next batch!), until then I'll live vicariously through the rest of y'all.

Well I just ordered another lower and two more forward assist uppers. I keep coming up with build ideas and finding good deals on parts to buy.

Damn internet contract says it's only going to cost me $47.99 + taxes per month....... lol ya right......

I hear you. I got plans for about 12 builds so far. Guess I need to order another 6 lowers.

Back
Top Bottom