Thread: USSOCOM Replaces EOTech Sights With EOTech Sights

Thumbs up USSOCOM Replaces EOTech Sights With EOTech Sights

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/09/29...eotech-sights/

Naval Surface Warfare Center – Crane Division, acting as the program office for special operations weapons procurement on behalf of United States Special Operations Command has announced a $23,637,320 contract to L-3 Communications EOTech for Close Quarters Battle Sights. We do not yet have verification of which model was selected.

As you may recall, in September, 2015, we broke the story of severe issues with EOTech Holographic Weapon Sights. Ultimately, many (but not all) units within USSOCOM withdrew the sights from service and the US Department of Justice charged L-3 Communications with fraud. L-3 settled for over $25 million. This led to a massive commercial refund program by EOTech, taking back virtually any EOTech sight identified by customers.

SOF units tested and fielded various interim replacements and USSOCOM undertook a formal program to identify a replacement as part of their Miniature Aiming System – Day suite of optics. This contract award is a result of that effort.

Internally, EOTech cleaned house, fixed their production issues, and introduced the VUDU line of telescopic sight. It’s a testament to the dedication of EOTech that they were able to turn themselves in three years and win the business back. I’m impressed.

They are the unit I like the best

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    I put an Eotech on pretty much everything - I love them, they're great sights, high quality, and I have no concerns about the issues raised. Mine are all post-2016 anyways so any issues shouldn't be present.

Its unreal to think of a company that has the manpower to fix the mistake and still be used by the US military. I personally have never been a fan of the donut and dot reticle and have always preferred a simple red dot.