Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gf and I are doing our non restricted course on Monday. Anything we should know?

ACTS and PROVE are your two most important takeaways from the pal course, understand and follow these and you should do just fine. I just recently took the course back in April, its mostly common sense and knowing those acronyms.

Agree with everyone who's saying ACTS and PROVE.

Alot of safety common sense questions. Ask questions during the course.

Did the course when I was 13, I passed... You will be good!!

I don't know how much the course has changed in the 12 years since I last took it. If it makes you feel better, I fared well on both the restricted and non-restricted, and I can barely remember my name unless someone yells it at me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avery_Smalldog View Post
    I don't know how much the course has changed in the 12 years since I last took it. If it makes you feel better, I fared well on both the restricted and non-restricted, and I can barely remember my name unless someone yells it at me.
    Hay A-- Hole 1 You & Me both !

I just did both of my courses two weeks ago and everything was pretty common sense. Dos and don'ts are pretty obvious. Had a guy dry fire the gun in the class. Don't be that guy. Just listen to the instructor and definitely do both courses. Worth the time and money.

Expried Business Member
    The course is designed to impart general safety and regulatory information to the student, it is not designed to be overly tricky. That said, if english is a second language there is a fair bit of terminology that may not necessarily be common to some english as a first language students.

You can view the course manuals for free, and in particular brush up on the glossary of terms to see if anything jumps out: http://publications.gc.ca/collection...1-2014-eng.pdf

As an example of how to PROVE different actions, we have some free videos on YouTube which can assist: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmg...zgWNbXTO8zxbNQ

For some students, those resources combined with the in person training will be more than sufficient. Like with any course, students tend to quickly forget a fair amount of information if they aren’t actively using what they learned following their training and it is good to periodically refresh your memory from the available materials if you plan to be serious about your new endeavour.

Silvercore also has an online course created by CFSC/CRFSC master instructors which can serve as prep for your in person course as well as a handy reference following the course. https://silvercore.ca/online-courses/online_cfsc-crfsc/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have very few regrets in life.

One was not asking out the pretty girl in HS the other is not doing my RPAL with my PAL.

You will save full classroom day and some $$ if you do them combined.

90% of the course is how not accidentally shoot yourself or your friend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    If you can do the rpal at the same time.

Save yourself some frustration later.

Finger away from the trigger , assume every firearm is loaded, muzzle direction , check the chamber make sure nothing in the chamber are the most important to remember and you should do good just listen and learn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast