Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: October 17th is coming, what about a different marking on uppers?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackehece View Post
    True enough but with any firearm usage, vehicle usage, or anything that requires critical thinking, usage of any mind altering substance is not advised.
    Right, and I've already been seeing ads and such that advise people smoke responsibly like you would work alcohol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    I'd be all for a cannabis leaf. Ain't nothing wrong with it.

To all those against, is it because you don't like the aesthics of the leaf, or just because it's that dastardly marijuana?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    I'd be all for a cannabis leaf. Ain't nothing wrong with it.

To all those against, is it because you don't like the aesthics of the leaf, or just because it's that dastardly marijuana?

It's the pot culture that I don't like. I don't like pot smokers either. Don't need pot culture permeating the gun world. Drugs and guns don't mix. Period. Full stop.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    I'm not interested in any markings making it easier to identify/track/etc.

I like old fashioned stuff, serial number and data only. Don't need manufacturers logo, graphics, import markings, etc. Takes away from what it is imo
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Considering I got a maple leaf tattoo on my hand. I'll stick with the maple leaf.

Only silly stoners would think of this.

We fight for the police to go after the criminals that use guns, in the drug world. Why would a firearm manufacture want to condone to that?
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    I could see other countries requiring a pot leaf on all Canadian exports in an effort to easily identify goods from a source country. Kind of like how customs currently has a list of source countries who's goods and travelers are scrutinized more heavily. Maybe a pot leaf on the passport, etc.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    maple leaf because its represent all of us. althought im for all liberties, smoke weed, own guns whatever you like!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull_it View Post
    Drugs and guns don't mix. Period. Full stop.
    So no Tobacco, Booze, Advil and Coffee ? For you !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    This is the reason why I don't like pot heads. Everything in their lives has to revolve around it.

I'm not some angsty teenager who thinks he's cool by smoking dope. I'll stick with the maple.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    So no Tobacco, Booze, Advil and Coffee ? For you !
    Oh please. Here we go with that stupid argument. Typical drug addicts trying to justify their poor life choices.

Do you condone drinking beer while shooting? How about being under the influence of painkillers? There's a reason alot of painkillers have warnings about not operating machinery, driving etc while using them. Probably shouldn't be shooting then either.

Coffee is not a substance that impairs judgement or reflexes except in rare situations

there are reports that have demonstrated negative effects when very large amounts are given or sensitive groups (e.g. patients with anxiety disorders) were studied. In this context caffeine has been shown to increase anxiety and impair sleep. There is also some evidence that fine motor control may be impaired as a function of the increase in anxiety.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12204388

So yeah...if you're prone to anxiety or consume copious amounts of coffee, you should probably abstain while handling firearms.

Nicotine is pretty well the same as caffeine. It also doesn't impair judgement like drugs do.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    This is the reason why I don't like pot heads. Everything in their lives has to revolve around it.

I'm not some angsty teenager who thinks he's cool by smoking dope. I'll stick with the maple.
    This is what it really comes down to. I couldn't give a #### less what you put in your body, legal or not. But why must stoners have everything revolve around pot? It's annoying and childish.