Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ Q5 Match Combo 9mm

Smile Walther PPQ Q5 Match Combo 9mm

SKU#: 2834332. MSRP$1506.70.

Comes with 3 magazines and Shield RMSc 4MOA red dot sight already installed that fully co-witness with the 3-dot iron sights.

It does not include with any optic plates and features a grey colour frame.

Stocking Dealers:
    - Firearms Outlet Canada
    - Tackle World
    - Armurerie Leger
    - Club de Tir
    - NAS Guns
    - Northern Elite
    - Prairie Gun Traders
    - SFRC
    - Tiger Arms
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 03-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Dealer list please!

Look above. It has the stocking dealers listed
    Anything Black

Really good reviews on this gun Wanted to purchase one but found it sold out every where I looked
    finally found one out east.

What a beautiful combination. I have the standard PPQ M2 Q5 Match with all the plates and I would far prefer this set up with the red dot embedded between a nice 3 dot sight package allowing to co-witness. The height of the red dot on mine pretty much makes the fixed sights useless and I don't like the red fiber front sight at all without the red dot.
    Alberta... Now Rat, Federal Liberal and rivet free!

Quote Originally Posted by P90rippin View Post
    What a beautiful combination. I have the standard PPQ M2 Q5 Match with all the plates and I would far prefer this set up with the red dot embedded between a nice 3 dot sight package allowing to co-witness. The height of the red dot on mine pretty much makes the fixed sights useless and I don't like the red fiber front sight at all without the red dot.
    What do you recommend for sights? Im not a fan of the red front post myself but playing around with a red dot install.

The red fiber is poor for indoor range targets. Having said that I would suggest not to bother changing the red fiber sights if you're putting on a red dot. There's no real front sight reference point for the red dot at 10 yards for example. The front sight will be too low with regard to the red dot position.

For just open sights I picked up a Fusion Firearms night sight package when I was on holidays in the US. The rear sight looks to be exactly the same LPA adjustable one that comes with the gun. Also, Dawson Precision has a front night sight available. Those are the 2 I know of. If you do change the front sight or remove it trying stuff do yourself a favor and put some blue thread locker on the screw because it will definitely loosen once you break the factory torque.

Quote Originally Posted by P90rippin View Post
    The red fiber is poor for indoor range targets.
    80% of Competition handgun shooters likely disagree with that, and the next 15% are using fiber as well just green.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilidip View Post
    80% of Competition handgun shooters likely disagree with that, and the next 15% are using fiber as well just green.
    Maybe he’s shooting in the dark. That’s about the only time I wouldn’t take a fiber optic sight.

The lighting is typically poor at my range. The fiber isn't bright enough visually, simple as that. Outside running around with the sun shining isn't an option for me. I personally prefer the 3 dot system either way for open sights. On my specific firearm the red dot in poor light is the best option. Your opinion, shooting environment and hardware may differ... cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast