Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch G28 DMR Complete Rifle Package 7.62x51

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Stop being level headed about it. Come poke the poors with me. It's so much fun to see their enraged reactions.

Clearly these guys didn't learn from the psg1 values or the p7m8.

Sadly most of these g28 will barely get shot. They are lovely things. But i can definitely see their collector value shooting through the roof in the future.

Ironic how people mope about these but dont bat an eye at big money bolt guns or gucci shotguns that cost as much.

At these prices they still managed to move them, so the market is there...
    Not to come across as "smug" but real end users know the value of CHF barrels and engineering. Can an HK compare to an IUR, sure but when it come to "application" the HK has the edge.
    Last edited by mildot; 07-05-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Not to come across as "smug" but real end users know the value of CHF barrels and engineering. Can an CC compare to an IUR, sure but when it come to "application" the HK has the edge.
    Well the real end users also understand the performance value it offers when factoring in life cycle costs. Recently departed jim schatz gave a breakdown on the cost savings of a hk416 over a m4 over the life cycle of each weapon. And it was significant.

While the cc would close the gap on barrel life, the overgassed carbine gas system remains. And the di guns never performed on par with the piston guns when you mixed short barrels and suppressor. And on top of performance there is the ergonomics of not having an absurd amount of gas blown back into your face... again a notable advantage of the piston platforms(except the tavor).

As for regular mr guns they are well within price points of what the high end di guns would be with comparable features and in some instances(knights come to mind) less money.

This... lets make no bones is the collector gun for the well off clone enthusiast. It can perform of that I have no doubt. But odds are it will sit pristine in someones vault. Its like those ultra rare supercars. Few can afford them. Fewer still are willing to drive them hard.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    What is the purpose of the vertical foregrip on a DMR?
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    What is the purpose of the vertical foregrip on a DMR?
    Stabilized grip for offhand shooting.... same reason you see vert grip on any other carbine. This is the marksmans gun but these can be used to do close in work... not ideal by any stretch but workable.

I don't get the german obesession with the double stack optics. It doesn't seem practical to me. And if I'm honest i only remember having seen two examples of g28s configured as pictured here in mali. Most had the vert grip and aimpoint removed. Make what you will of that.

Well the real end users also understand the performance value it offers when factoring in life cycle costs. Recently departed jim schatz gave a breakdown on the cost savings of a hk416 over a m4 over the life cycle of each weapon. And it was significant.

While the cc would close the gap on barrel life, the overgassed carbine gas system remains. And the di guns never performed on par with the piston guns when you mixed short barrels and suppressor. And on top of performance there is the ergonomics of not having an absurd amount of gas blown back into your face... again a notable advantage of the piston platforms(except the tavor).

As for regular mr guns they are well within price points of what the high end di guns would be with comparable features and in some instances(knights come to mind) less money.

This... lets make no bones is the collector gun for the well off clone enthusiast. It can perform of that I have no doubt. But odds are it will sit pristine in someones vault. Its like those ultra rare supercars. Few can afford them. Fewer still are willing to drive them hard.
    We are on the same page, I know HK and CC. I saw in Afghanistan how "neutered" the Germans were, they wanted to contribute a 100% but there GOV won't let them. In some ways HK suffers the same problem CC has here as a "quasi" GOV company, but unable to function as a "regular" business.

Oh Ya, BTW I should let you know I like German guns.

Stabilized grip for offhand shooting.... same reason you see vert grip on any other carbine. This is the marksmans gun but these can be used to do close in work... not ideal by any stretch but workable.

I don't get the german obesession with the double stack optics. It doesn't seem practical to me. And if I'm honest i only remember having seen two examples of g28s configured as pictured here in mali. Most had the vert grip and aimpoint removed. Make what you will of that.
    The aimpoint I don't get. I tried mounting a t1 in the same mount on my mr308 on my s&b and to use it you have this awkward chin weld. Better off having an rmr at 45 degrees.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar

Thanks. I thought vertical foregrips were mainly for rifles/carbines that had a lot of accessories (ie. years ago when separate light, laser, IR illuminator and IR laser were necessary) on their rails that used up.a lot of the foregrip area and interfered with your support hand and the vfg gave you "more room" so to speak, for your support hand.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    Thanks. I thought vertical foregrips were mainly for rifles/carbines that had a lot of accessories (ie. years ago when separate light, laser, IR illuminator and IR laser were necessary) on their rails that used up.a lot of the foregrip area and interfered with your support hand and the vfg gave you "more room" so to speak, for your support hand.
    That too. Some people do use them even on clean rifles/carbines. As you can see this particular rifle is not hurtin for rail space so i would lean more towards personal preference than limited rail space.

Oh mildot since we did talk about cc i forgot to mention, cc doesnt sell to civvies outside of canada and even in canada they are pretty restrictive of what they sell. Yet i don't see them getting this much flak or the "well they should move somewhere else" rubbish... double standards much?

Oh mildot since we did talk about cc i forgot to mention, cc doesnt sell to civvies outside of canada and even in canada they are pretty restrictive of what they sell. Yet i don't see them getting this much flak or the "well they should move somewhere else" rubbish... double standards much?
    You just made my point, great rifles and barrels, and pretty much a GOV company. On that note I thought of posting a pic of the Knights M110 for sale that's 20K US and see how many folks "chime in about that" LOL. I would mind owning both.