Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch G28 DMR Complete Rifle Package 7.62x51

Not very familar with semi-auto precision rifle game so please forgive my ignorance, but is the claimed "Warranted accuracy of 1.5 MOA with 10 rounds accuracy ammunition" that impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark23 View Post
    Not very familar with semi-auto precision rifle game so please forgive my ignorance, but is the claimed "Warranted accuracy of 1.5 MOA with 10 rounds accuracy ammunition" that impressive?
    1.5 MOA itself is not impressive on its own, but 1.5MOA with any ammo you throw at it is not something guaranteed by other companies, especially American companies.

Unlike American companies, they won't say less than 1 MOA with a fine print at the bottom to say with only "good quality match ammo". When you shoot 1.5 MOA, they will say "oh, your ammo is not good match ammo...." It is really the difference between how the HK and the American companies do things when it comes to stating accuracy expectation, and also what a typical consumer expects.

If you shoot enough HK guns, you will find out that HK tends to be pretty consistent with whatever you feed them. They don't shoot super small groups with one ammo and totally #### the bag with some others. This quality is probably not something desired by competition or target shooters because they want to tailor ammo to have super accuracy. For a military or a GP rifle, it is a great quality to be able to use any ammo and get reasonably good results.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark23 View Post
    1.5MOA guarantee is not to match ammunition but to German military DM111A1/AB22 (FMJ) 147gr round. With match ammunition G28 is a sub-MOA rifle.
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 12-03-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    1.5MOA guarantee is not to match ammunition but to German military DM111A1/AB22 (FMJ) 147gr round. With match ammunition G28 is a sub-MOA rifle.
    Thanks for the clarification. Now that's impressive!

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 12-04-2018 at 06:30 AM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
    Wait for the HK 433 to be classified as NR, and maybe we have a chance in hell that it's bigger .308 brother will be too.
    A man can always dream.

Does anybody know if this DMR has been sight in by factory or Armory at least at 100 meters with ballistic card up to 1000 meters ? Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    Does anybody know if this DMR has been sight in by factory or Armory at least at 100 meters with ballistic card up to 1000 meters ? Thanks.
    1000m? Unlikely seeing its effective range is rated at 600m.

If I owned this expensive rifle I'd be hugging it too!!

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6