Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporters starting to ship

CGN Regular
    Let's say I buy a upper/lower combo today. How long should I expect to wait before I get it?

I'm not expecting a precise answer, but how many months, approximately?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornerupine View Post
    And if we don't plan to coat them right away?
    Are you planning to run the gun for a while once you get an upper and the rest of the parts, then coat it? Being as uppers are still about 2 months out for the slickside version and several months out for the F/A version, storing the lower either as it comes back from ano or even after we "finish" oil it, won't make any difference, so you can follow the previously posted instaructions.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by m_falafel View Post
    Let's say I buy a upper/lower combo today. How long should I expect to wait before I get it?

I'm not expecting a precise answer, but how many months, approximately?
    The first production run of Modern Sporter receiver sets is completely sold out and we are currently accepting orders for the second production run. Now that we have the first run of lowers completed, we still have to make slick side uppers followed by forward assist uppers. Because of this we are anticipating starting the second run of lowers in early spring of 2019 (approximately). Followed again but runs of both styles of uppers.
    We will start new production run of each part as soon as possible but it is impossible to provide exact dates for completion of each.
    We have started production of the slick side uppers to go with the currently sold lowers, we anticipate these being done before the end of the year. Then we start to manufacture the F/A upper which we expect to have done either late March or early April at which point we will then start on lowers again, which should be done by July.
    To keep a cycle of complete receiver sets getting out we are limiting production runs to about 200 to 250 pieces of each, and are shipping on a first come first served basis for each part.
    So far our predicted target dates have been achieved and we do not foresee this changing. Production run #2 is just over 85% sold as of today.

If you are interested in proceeding orders can be placed directly on our website here: https://albertatacticalrifle.com/hik...ory_pathway-14

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The first production run of Modern Sporter receiver sets is completely sold out and we are currently accepting orders for the second production run. Now that we have the first run of lowers completed, we still have to make slick side uppers followed by forward assist uppers. Because of this we are anticipating starting the second run of lowers in early spring of 2019 (approximately). Followed again but runs of both styles of uppers.
    We will start new production run of each part as soon as possible but it is impossible to provide exact dates for completion of each.
    We have started production of the slick side uppers to go with the currently sold lowers, we anticipate these being done before the end of the year. Then we start to manufacture the F/A upper which we expect to have done either late March or early April at which point we will then start on lowers again, which should be done by July.
    To keep a cycle of complete receiver sets getting out we are limiting production runs to about 200 to 250 pieces of each, and are shipping on a first come first served basis for each part.
    So far our predicted target dates have been achieved and we do not foresee this changing. Production run #2 is just over 85% sold as of today.

If you are interested in proceeding orders can be placed directly on our website here: https://albertatacticalrifle.com/hik...ory_pathway-14
    Thank you! Great detailed answer!!

Will ATRS offer a cerakote option for second production run orders? If so I would definitely pay the additional charge for that service.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Will ATRS offer a cerakote option for second production run orders? If so I would definitely pay the additional charge for that service.
    If you are asking can or will we CeraKote uppers and lowers, yes on an individual basis so you can choose the colors. We have been providing CeraKote services for many years now.

IF I misunderstood your question and you are asking whether we will ever just CeraKote with no anodizing for surface hardness as some manufacturers do, the answer is NO.
    We believe in providing the highest quality products possible and cutting a significant corner by using only a spray on coating as the only form of wear and corrosion protection and to hide tooling marks is not something we will not do.

If you are asking can or will we CeraKote uppers and lowers, yes on an individual basis so you can choose the colors. We have been providing CeraKote services for many years now.

IF I misunderstood your question and you are asking whether we will ever just CeraKote with no anodizing for surface hardness as some manufacturers do, the answer is NO.
    We believe in providing the highest quality products possible and cutting a significant corner by using only a spray on coating as the only form of wear and corrosion protection and to hide tooling marks is not something we will not do.
    Thanks for your reply, I got in on the second round of orders and would like mine to be cerakoted like described earlier in this thread (after anodizing, Before oiling). Maybe a bit premature seeing as how it's about 5ish months away before production on the second round begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I got in on the second round of orders and would like mine to be cerakoted like described earlier in this thread (after anodizing, Before oiling). Maybe a bit premature seeing as how it's about 5ish months away before production on the second round begins.
    No problem, please be sure to let us know this so we can add a note to your invoice to reflect you are not wanting the parts oiled.

CGN Regular
    Are you planning to run the gun for a while once you get an upper and the rest of the parts, then coat it? Being as uppers are still about 2 months out for the slickside version and several months out for the F/A version, storing the lower either as it comes back from ano or even after we "finish" oil it, won't make any difference, so you can follow the previously posted instaructions.
    That's probably what is going to happen since it will be way too cold to do a proper paintjob outside when the uppers are ready. Can't ventilate a room for days on end in the winter to deal with the evaporating compounds while the paint cures.

Maybe I haven't read the right thread but it says first to contact to discuss shipping then says not to contact unless you are notified that your receiver is done then later in this thread it says all receiver are complete. Question: Should I be emailing to have my receiver shipped or did I miss a notification that mine is done? Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast