Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warranty Clarification when purchasing from IRUNGUNS

CGN Regular
    That is fantastic. I had a very bad experience once buying a firearm from a store in town. When it proved to have major manufacturing defects, they insisted I use the Canadian warranty center which was not capable enough to do their job. The manufacturer wouldn’t replace/exchange it, being that I’m in Canada. I also had to wait 6 months to get my replacement barrel back (it came factory with a bent barrel), and I felt that was far too long.

Being able to send a firearm back to the manufacturer for qualified assessment, repair, replacement, etc would be a tremendous asset that would have saved me the disappointment. It would have possibly prevented me from missing an entire 2 hunting seasons. It may also have enabled me the confidence to buy from that manufacturer again, which I will not do now based on the principle of setting up incompetent warranty service here.

I will be looking at buying from you guys first next time I’m in the market for a rifle or shotgun. Peace of mind is worth the investment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Very well written and a great reminder of some options available to Canadians.

I have purchased from IRunGuns and found their service excellent. I have not experienced any warranty issues but this does add some piece of mind.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    That's a pretty good service!

You guys should consider offering a warranty shipping service for people that don't want to wait 6 months or more for basic warranty issues in Canada.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I can speak directly to the experience I had when a rifle I purchased from IRUNGUNS that required to be sent back for warranty in the US.

It was handled just as described on the first thread and I was totally satisfied with the rifle upon it's return. Unfortunately it did take a little longer than expected due to changes to US Export rules at the time. However, I was kept well informed as to the reason for the delays.

You have no worries with IRUNGUNS taking good care of you if there are issues with your firearm.

CGN Regular
    I’m still waiting for my email reply, I purchased a brand new PSA, with obvious defects from the factory and you expect me to pay return shipping to your warehouse? Please email me back.

: Artvark
    I’m still waiting for my email reply, I purchased a brand new PSA, with obvious defects from the factory and you expect me to pay return shipping to your warehouse? Please email me back.
    :

Hey man, im on same situation. They send me defective, used firearm as new. And seems do not like to do exchange for real new one. I guess BBB could help us.
    I think next week will write my story to a public, all customers should know what king of business doing IRUNGUNS.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyTacker View Post
    :

Hey man, im on same situation. They send me defective, used firearm as new. And seems do not like to do exchange for real new one. I guess BBB could help us.
    I think next week will write my story to a public, all customers should know what king of business doing IRUNGUNS.
    Just a heads up, the BBB is like yelp, google reviews, or a facebook review before the internet. A paper version of them before the internet made it further redundant. It literally does nothing except alert people who still use the BBB (virtually no one) of their status within the BBB.

We can do that, but unfortunately if we did not sell the product there would be a charge for it. It would follow the same protocol as temporarily importing the firearm for custom work which is a service we do offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    That's a pretty good service!

You guys should consider offering a warranty shipping service for people that don't want to wait 6 months or more for basic warranty issues in Canada.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Good morning,

I am not aware of your issue which is not to say we have not received it. Please forward your information to admin@irunguns.us and I will look into it. The emails and correspondence slow down when the Canadian Office processes the export. The same people that look after the warranty are the same ones who process the transfers and shipping.

We will get back to you shortly via email.

As for sending us the firearm, yes that has been policy for the last 3 years both in the US and in Canada. Here is a copy of the warranty information posted on the website.

IRUNGUNS LLC maintains a Type 8 FFL, which allows us to move firearms back and forth between borders. Our warranty is directly with the manufacturer in the US. Should you have an issue with your purchase, please email us with your concern. Include your invoice number and clear pictures of the issue and we will provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization Form (RMA). Once you have shipped your item back to our Canadian warehouse we will incur the shipping and export costs to return the item back to the manufacturer in the US. Once the item has been repaired or replaced by the manufacturer, we will export it back into Canada and ship it back to your address on file, at our expense. Please allow 60 - 90 days for warranty repair, depending on the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artvark View Post

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Andy, as it was previously explained to you this is the process.

IRUNGUNS LLC maintains a Type 8 FFL, which allows us to move firearms back and forth between borders. Our warranty is directly with the manufacturer in the US. Should you have an issue with your purchase, please email us with your concern. Include your invoice number and clear pictures of the issue and we will provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization Form (RMA). Once you have shipped your item back to our Canadian warehouse we will incur the shipping and export costs to return the item back to the manufacturer in the US. Once the item has been repaired or replaced by the manufacturer, we will export it back into Canada and ship it back to your address on file, at our expense. Please allow 60 - 90 days for warranty repair, depending on the manufacturer.

Your firearm will be returning to the Manufacturer in the US this week, if they have any questions they will reach out to you. All firearms are test fired by the Manufacturer, this is done for obvious reasons, how many rounds they put through your firearm is up to them. In most cases it's 2 or 3, sometimes if an adjustment needs to be made it could be a few more to make it perfect. They do not use the most expensive ammo nor do they clean the guns afterwards. 22LR is a dirty caliber and as such there will be signs that it has had rounds cycled through it, that does no way indicate it is used. As for the collapsible rear stock the Manufacturer didn't build it but it is warrantied with the rifle.

Should you have any questions please reach out to JF who is the one who is looking after your file.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTacker View Post
    :

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast