Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Public Safety of Canada Online Gun Ban Consultation

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Done
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN frequent flyer
    The survey has changed from last night. Now there is a definition of assault weapon as

The US Department of Justice has used the following description: “in general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire.”
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

I've completed the survey.

I am somewhat irked that the engagement paper includes the most relevant information but the questionnaire appears to have loaded questions and some are misleading unless you read the paper completely and understood it well.

I also think the paper should have included statistics and more information on the firearm program (training, background checks etc).

We should all note the paper includes a particularly interesting statement:

...In particular, Minister Blair was tasked with leading the examination of a ban on handguns and assault weapons, while not impeding the lawful use of firearms by Canadians. ...
    While not impeding the lawful /use/ (not /ownership/) of firearms by Canadians. Looks like they're angling on having us rent handguns from gun ranges in the future...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    The survey has changed from last night. Now there is a definition of assault weapon as

The US Department of Justice has used the following description: “in general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire.”
    I made a comment to that. To the effect of: "this definition hasn't been law (in another country no less) for over 15 years and never been in common use. This description is blatantly miss leading.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Regular
    Completed.

For the social media savvy, a great way to share this is to get into your FB Messenger App, copy the link, start a message explaining how the focus should be on the illicit and not on legally owned and obtained. Speak to Canadian heritage, Shooting Sports (Correct me if i'm wrong but we have Olympians competing in handgun oriented shooting sports?) be polite and concerned, respectful of who you send your message to. Remind folks that PAL holders and RPAL holders are vetted DAILY already. Send one, than forward to everyone you feel will participate positively on your friends list. I must've sent this out in this manner to about 100 folks and it took under 10 minutes.

The assault weapon definition using US DoJ is an interesting twist. My submission included the definition and the fact that we already have stringent magazine capacity regulations. IMHO this survey is a mine field so tread lightly.
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

NRA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Well, we better get the right answers.

Because the other side will come out in full force. We are in the race whether we want it or not. Not participating is not an option.
    Maybe not even this. Lets sit back and let this think for a while. You can fill the same survey how many times you want one after another. Once you finish they show the link again. So either they have robots filling a few thousand surveys per minute in their favor or they will discard the survey and say that they had a lot of people asking for ban. We had countless radio surveys that ended up against the ban and they are still going forward.
    I'm not saying that people should not fill but it looks like a sham and even if they will get 100% against the ban they will still enact it.
    They are afraid to go for a real referendum because they might lose. This was tried in Brazil and it backfired.

I've filled it out, for the people wanting to submit multiple times please don't. Their server will log that.

By the definition they use for "assault weapons" - high capacity magazines and rapid fire, they are already banned. Full auto is banned and high capacity magazines are banned too. What a sham!

Time to call your MP and get them to question the motive of this government. This is NOT democracy.

Read this:

ww w.canada.ca/en/services/policing/police/crime-and-crime-prevention/reducing-violent-crime-dialogue-handguns-assault-weapons.html?utm_source=PS&utm_medium=twttr&utm_ca mpaign=rdcng-vlnt-crm

Pay attention to the consultation session - BY INVITATION ONLY

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.47.05 AM.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  27.2 KB

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account