Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 313151617181920212223242526272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Public Safety of Canada Online Gun Ban Consultation

Done

My response.

Anything can be used as weapon and firearm related acts of assault and death are among the lowest causes in the country yet they are the most focused on. Increased police funding, increasing and improving safety programs as well as exposure and understanding of fire arms will increase their safety. Improving mental health resources to reduce the likelihood of "lone-wolf attacks" and improving public safety sectors (police and EMS) ability to respond to mental health crisis will do more to increase public safety with firearms than removing them. There will always be a way to acquire firearms illegally so the key lies in the response and prevention of the use of firearms in a harmful manner to others.

Assault is an action not a verb. A pencil can become an assault weapon if used to harm a person. This term when used with firearms is inaccurate and only serves to further a political agenda not to help the public.
    Gang activity and drug dealing are major sources of illegal use of firearms that is dangerous to the public and would find the best reduction of firearm related deaths and injuries by cracking down on gangs and illegal usage of firearms not increasing the rules surrounding legal firearm usage. They are not following the laws now and they will not follow the law still if you restrict or increase difficulty in legally owning firearms. This will only hurt legal owners and the many businesses and industries that contribute to the economy in the firearms area.

Anyone have any luck filling this E-1883 PETITION TO THE MINISTER OF BORDER SECURITY AND ORGANIZED CRIME REDUCTION. This is a petition to scrap Bill c-71 and abandon the idea of a blanket firearms ban on law-abiding and highly vetted Canadians.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-1883

Ive tried to fill it in, however, when hitting submit it indicates there is a server problem and to try again at a later date...

Done a bunch of times and told friends and family to do it as well.

Done and shared.
    CCFR Member

“Plan for what it is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

This Canadian back-door adoption of the American term "assault weapon" as invented by the pro-criminalization lobby is a pathetic whining attempt to move the goal posts because accepted and reasonable terms don't match their phobic rage.

It's like a police officer pulls you over for Driving Over the speed limit.
    "Uh, officer, you agree I was going 75... this is an 80 zone."
    "Oh. yeah. uh. Hmmm then I'm charging you with Driving Near the speed limit."
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCircle View Post
    Done a bunch of times and told friends and family to do it as well.
    I have the local Lordco guys on the case - besides my texts/emails etc.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

GunNutz
    Completed survey as citizen self identified as “prefer not to say”.
    Have a nice day.

CGN Regular
    Since large capacity magazine are already prohibited for semiautomatic centerfires, I guess "assault weapons" by their definition don't even legally exist in Canada.

These were my final thoughts for them to consider:

"It is clear to many that the focus here is already aimed at legally owned firearms. Targeting illicit firearms would be much more difficult, expensive and long-term. The obvious intention for the current government is to create the appearance of tackling the relatively small problem of crime involving firearms. Any legislation resulting from this misguided focus will make this short-sighted and self-serving tactic plain for all to see. Even those with no strong opinion on legal gun ownership will be disappointed to see the freedoms of their family and friends restricted for pure political gain. This will undoubtedly be reflected in results of the 2019 election."