Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Public Safety of Canada Online Gun Ban Consultation

filled it out..what a joke. a phising trip for sure. Those liberal bastards are trying to use scary words like "assualt rifle"..only the dumb down city folk will fall for that old trick.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    The comment boxes are only for if you agree with stricter gun control...

I see that some guys are saying that the "definition" of "assault weapon" that they use (taken from the US 1994 Assault Weapon Ban Legislation) doesn't apply to Canada because it speaks of "high capacity" magazines whereas magazines in Canada are already limited to only 5 rounds; here's a bit of liberal thinking for you - If you think that one shot is MORE than enough, then 5 rounds IS HIGH CAPACITY....Let that one sink in....
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murph83 View Post
    filled it out..what a joke. a phising trip for sure. Those liberal bastards are trying to use scary words like "assualt rifle"..only the dumb down city folk will fall for that old trick.
    No...They've moved beyond "assault rifle" to "assault WEAPONS" why limit yourself to rifles when you can ban "assault rifles" "assault handguns" "assault knives" "assault sticks" "assault sporks"....
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo Joe View Post
    Since large capacity magazine are already prohibited for semiautomatic centerfires, I guess "assault weapons" by their definition don't even legally exist in Canada.
    That was Minister of Justice and Attorney General Kim Campbell's point of view.

"As used by Marc Lepine with a magazine of 30 shots it would be a prohibited firearm. There are other configurations in which it remains an accepted firearm in Canada. I can't guarantee that no one is going to disobey the law, but police now have more tools"
    -- Kim Campbell, July 27, 1992
    hxxp://archives.cbc.ca/society/crime_justice/topics/398/
    "#7 Montreal Massacre gun law"

Bill C17 by Kim Campbell in 1991/1992 didn't prohibit the Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, a firearm which is effective against rabbits and groundhogs but not really intended for anything much bigger. Nonetheless it's not a bb-gun or a nerf gun, so you can expect a lot of damage to deer sized targets.
    hxxp://archives.cbc.ca/society/crime_justice/topics/398/
    "#11 Expert describes weapon Lepine used" Dec. 7, 1989
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

Quote Originally Posted by lupothebutcher View Post
    The comment boxes are only for if you agree with stricter gun control...
    Anecdotes for speeches, and soundbites for TV news ?

CGN frequent flyer
    Do you know that 90% if not more of the police force do not have a PAL or RPAL licence.
    Yet the legal gun owners are required to have one.
    Most police officers don’t know how to clean their service firearm as well.
    It’s mind boggling how the government of Canada operates.
    I have no fate in the government of Canada, very sad indeed, yet this is so true!
    Your vote counts, get the Liberals out of power.
    Justin has done nothing for the country of Canada.
    To me he’s a selfie pecker head, get the picture.
    Last edited by p210sig; 10-13-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by p210sig View Post
    Most police officers don’t know how to clean their service firearm as well.

... was approached by RCMP member, to answer a question out at his cruiser. The member opened the trunk and removed a long gun and asked if my friend to make sure it was unloaded as he had just seized the gun. My friend opened the bolt action 22lr and removed a cartridge.
    -- dakaroo;191363

I watched a couple cops that had seized a Webley top break one day. 5 of them held it like a rubics cube until I mercifully showed them how to open it.
    -- Strangeday;191372

and

Is Modern Gun Control Hazardous to Police?
    By Constable John A. Gayder
    (written early 2000's)
    http://www.thesportingclubsofniagara.com/isguncon.htm

Should demand that the various law enforcement agencies across Canada become unarmed and are no longer to carry or possess hand guns or have assault weapons, as they will no longer need them (use of force).

See how fast they retract their bill when we point out that this ban ends gun violence in Canada (right!?)

I mean after all this is not to target law abiding people but go after those bad guys (I mean people) who obtain illegal firearms legally.

Quote Originally Posted by The real Odie View Post
    Should demand that the various law enforcement agencies across Canada become unarmed and are no longer to carry or possess hand guns or have assault weapons, as they will no longer need them (use of force).

See how fast they retract their bill when we point out that this ban ends gun violence in Canada (right!?)

I mean after all this is not to target law abiding people but go after those bad guys (I mean people) who obtain illegal firearms legally.
    Sure I am game

Quote Originally Posted by The real Odie View Post

This is the kind of mentality that will erode public support for restricted gun owners, its self defeating. Of course LE will need to remain armed.