Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Public Safety of Canada Online Gun Ban Consultation

Its to prove a point that this bill is targeting the law abiding and, not the issue they proclaim to the public. If this is to make Canada safe by stopping firearms related crime, then why is there still a need for use of force at this level?

Their response to this in the eyes of the Canadian public will either make them look like they will cut their nose to spite their faces or hypocrites.

Completed survey.
    I love not man the less, but nature more.
    Lord Gordon Byron

I just received a response back from our local Conservative MP.

Part of his response back to me “The Liberals jammed this through the house of commons and it is going to be interesting to see how the so-called independent Senate majority will respond… Will they scrutinize and hear the legitimate concerns and amend or recheck this bill, or will they just ran it through like they did in the house?

I know the conservative minority Senate caucus will do whatever they can to ensure that law abiding gun owners are not aligned by the liberal spin, however without some of the so-called independent senators support, there is not much beyond raising concerns that can be done. Unfortunately it’ll take an election and a conservative majority to change this legislation. “

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    BTW, there has been NO, zero, none, crimes committed by their so-called "assault weapons".

858 Quebec PQ convention. gun jammed and perp reverted to handgun

Moncton Pinned mag?

Mayerthorpe - prohibited AK

............ if I have my facts correct.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Odie View Post
    “Plan for what it is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yes, I've been trying for four years to get our community on board with building bridges to non gun owners via activist work on root causes of violence but few takers. Had we done this while it was "easy" we could be approaching charities that we supported for help in this fight - the worst they could say would be "no" but we would still have our track record to fall back on for credibility.

Now we have nothing but individual input to government like this questionnaire, faith in our gun orgs (which may not even be invited to the table) and hope that the Libs get defeated in 2019.

Of course we gotta do what we gotta do to keep our guns but we're working with pretty thin gruel.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

What defines an assault weapon? is it something they can make up as they go? will there a clear definition in the criminal code of Canada?

Not sure if this has been asked or addressed yet but does the online survey know when you fill it out more than once?
    Can it capture your IPN? Just wondering how my spouse or any others can do the survey on the same computer or network? I am not a tech guy but hopefully someone can explain what’s stopping 2 million gunnies from doing this survey all day...
    UNPROFOR 94/95, SFOR 2001
    Member of the CCFR and CPC.
    If you are not donating $20/month to the CPC then you are not serious about owning and keeping your guns.

CGN Regular
    So, while going through the survey I found myself thinking;
    What current protections are in place to stop a criminal from hitting up several different retailers and picking up a bunch of SKS, (they have a license) and then distributing these to people unlicensed?

CGN Regular
    Filled it out. Tried my best to foil their pre-ordained result. Put some choice comments in as well. This BS legislation is probably going to pass, but at least I know I did my bit to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffhere View Post
    So, while going through the survey I found myself thinking;
    What current protections are in place to stop a criminal from hitting up several different retailers and picking up a bunch of SKS, (they have a license) and then distributing these to people unlicensed?
    They wouldn't have a valid license to start with depending on their background (reported as a danger for domestic violence by past spouse) and, what actually makes them a criminal was it (assault with a deadly weapon).

The big thing to take from this is what's real/rational in the here and now in Canada and, what's over exaggerated by Hollywood, social media, news and, for political gain.

12,220 people 2016 losing their lives/seriously injured in motor vehicle related accidents (Nobody bats an eye for new laws or bans), 223 in 2016 for firearms related deaths (everyone losses their minds.) sad thing is vehicles were not made for killing or maiming and is doing far more damage than firearms. so why the hate toward the law abiding?