Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Action: Public Safety of Canada Online Gun Ban Consultation

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grock-co View Post
    The other side must have read this first, because this side is always reacting to changes in firearms laws and never seam to be proactive.
    Some of us have tried to be proactive, but too few takers.

The easy part would have been to put a shine on our image over the past three years, get our orgs to come up with a cohesive and cooperative strategy in preparation for what I and many old timers knew was coming next.

Now we're left with faith in our fossilized orgs, E-petitions, letters to our MPs and the fervent hope that JT is done in 2019.

Oh, and a whole bunch of howling at the moon here on CGN.

Wish us luck, our recipe is based on very thin gruel.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    On balance the reference paper is well written.

Doesn't mean that mischief isn't in the cards but it could have been a lot worse!
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

just filled it out. they have crazy options for gender and such. and I did not know that the government looks at me as a Non-Hispanic Caucasian or Euro-Canadian.

Done and done. Going to be sending it to some friends too.

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    Completed 2X didn't need to delete cookies.
    I don't really imagine that it would matter if you filled it out a million times, I really don't think that the end "results" are going to change - The VAAAAAAASSSSSST majority of Canadians DEMAND a handgun and "assault weapon" (whatever they decide that means) ban...
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffhere View Post
    So, what you're saying is, if someone with a not so incriminating past and a license wanted to, there is nothing stopping them from becoming a valuable member of a criminal group by supplying SKS....?
    Those who want to do it they will do it anyway and will not bother with getting a license or something so old like an SKS. When you are associated with a criminal group you past a point where you worry about a license. Also the few SKS you see on news are an exception. Gangs want firepower, things easy to conceal and SKS does not really fit into even with high cap magazines. Also like they were saying one does not just walk into a bar and became a supplier, like in the movies. Look what CFO did in Quebec because some people just happened to be in the same locations with some supposedly known gang members. And a second thing, the SKS we see lately on news no one said if they were bought by gangs here or back in Ukraine for example.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lupothebutcher View Post
    I don't really imagine that it would matter if you filled it out a million times, I really don't think that the end "results" are going to change - The VAAAAAAASSSSSST majority of Canadians DEMAND a handgun and "assault weapon" (whatever they decide that means) ban...
    Right. And I don't think they really care how much we do it. I did it myself too but I'm keep thinking about something. We had polls for the last few months and every station would not let you filled twice. Once you filled when you hit the page again on most of them you would get a thank you and the results. So after seeing how this works for months I don't think they wanted to risk to lose this. This is just for the dog and pony show. If they really wanted to win this they would have asked for some form of ID, and they would display how many have filled the survey. I mean seriously, if this would be real you could ask a call center in India to take care of it and until next week you would have more participants than the whole population of Canada. Not to mention writing some programs that would fill 24x7. But they don't care about that because we cannot know for real how many people are participating or what are they really answering. And to give 30 days for a survey used to pass a law, that means at an aprox 20 mil of people who can vote there should be more than half a million per day, and btw I don't see it advertised too much except in some obscure article. In short it lacks any kid of transparency that would give credibility.

BANNED
    Well I think the most important part of that consultation is to show them that there are enough gun owners and people who are pro-gun, that will make it a complete headache for them to try and ban handguns. That's what I believe the greatest value of all of us filling that form out will be.

Oh, and a whole bunch of howling at the moon here on CGN.
    LOL yup, ever since I joined here, this is what I've noticed these people are experts at doing.

Done, thanks for info.

Answered the questions, provided the feedback, signed the C-71 petition and sent out an email for friends and family to do the same.

Sadly, those questions are clearly engineered not to solicit feedback - just validation.