Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Public Safety of Canada Online Gun Ban Consultation

Well I filled it out. It is obvious where they are going to take this.
    There's nothing like riding a fine horse through new country. Augustus (Gus) McCrae, Lonesome Dove

CGN Regular
    They are just polling to figure out what rhetoric their sheeple will support. Why would they be asking "soccer moms" for data on the sources of crime guns? They dont care...just selling their crud.

BANNED
    Done,

Thank you for providing feedback to Reducing violent crime: A dialogue on handguns and assault weapons.

Why is it that all of these "campaigns to prevent violence" focus upon elimination of inanimate objects (which by definition, cannot be themselves be"violent") and the continued abrogation of the rights of non-violent law-abiding citizens? Why is it that we never see such "campaigns" focused on the criminals actually involved in breaking the law (including existing firearms laws), and who are involved in the commission of acts of firearms violence? Why do we never see such "campaigns" focused on the enforcement of the existing firearms laws and the arrest and prosecution of the criminals who break them?

Done...my club sent us an email as well
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

Done

Wow..... when I read this question it made me smile : the us department of justice qualify a semi automatic with detachable magazines an assault weapon....

My answer : DOD qualify an assault weapon as followed : A rifle that is able to shoot burst and can shoot full auto and semi ...Such weapon is already illegal and cannot be purchased by a law abiding citizen.

We’ll see, I hope they will not only take this survey into consideration but also opinion of experts ...

If we only ask the people we would have the death penalty back .

My English is not great sorry for mistakes

CGN Regular
    Filled out and submitted.

Sure seems like their conclusions have already been made.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    The "Engagement Paper"
    https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c...nt-crm-en.aspx
    says
    There are examples of significant volumes of firearms being involved in straw purchase schemes, with, for instance, 200 firearms seized from a single straw purchaser in 2014.

Does anyone know what that is?

The only ~200 firearm seizure in British Columbia I know of around then would have been in 2013. Gerald Kirby sold rifles to unlicensed people who were subsistence trappers and hunters he knew in northern B.C. He was given a six-month conditional sentence, meaning the jail time could be served in the community. It was often reported as "almost 200 firearms seized" although the actual total I think was 183, and a handful sold.

The only other ~200 firearms straw purchaser I know of would be a Chicago gunrunner smuggled more than 200 firearms into Canada in 2006, and sold them to a Toronto organised crime ring.

CGN frequent flyer
    Here are my answers, in order:

QUESTION ONE

Should more be done to limit access to handguns? NO with an explanation

The wording of the question is loaded. A reasonable person MUST answer yes, unless they answer NO and qualify it with an explanation. What should be done to reduce handgun crime is to prevent the ILLEGAL acquisition of firearms by unlicensed criminals and gangs. The percentage of LEGAL gun owners who commit firearm crimes is less than one percent! More facts can be found at StatsCan here https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/.../11925-eng.htm
    "...Firearm-related violent crime accounted for 2% of all victims of violent crime in 2012, a proportion that has remained stable over the past four years. For the large majority (81%) of victims of violent crime, there was no weapon present during the commission of the offence.1 A weapon other than a firearm, such as a knife or blunt instrument, was present in 17% of violent offences.."
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

CGN frequent flyer
    QUESTION TWO

Should more be done to limit access to handguns? NO With an explanation:

The wording of the question is loaded. A reasonable person MUST answer yes, unless they answer NO and qualify it with an explanation. What should be done to reduce handgun crime is to prevent the ILLEGAL acquisition of firearms by unlicensed criminals and gangs. The percentage of LEGAL gun owners who commit firearm crimes is less than one percent! More facts can be found at StatsCan here https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/.../11925-eng.htm
    "...Firearm-related violent crime accounted for 2% of all victims of violent crime in 2012, a proportion that has remained stable over the past four years. For the large majority (81%) of victims of violent crime, there was no weapon present during the commission of the offence.1 A weapon other than a firearm, such as a knife or blunt instrument, was present in 17% of violent offences..
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin