Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293031323334

Thread: Action: Public Safety of Canada Online Gun Ban Consultation

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LexInfidelis View Post
    I've seen pathetic, morale-killing comments like yours pop in droves on every political thread in this forum. Why even waste your time inciting pessimism and defeatism? Do you have a better alternative for our community other than being politically active? Or do you suggest we just roll over and start giving up our property before the guillotines are even erected? We all know this is an uphill battle and we're utilizing the best means at our disposal to confront this.
    The purpose of my comments is not to induce a sense of pessimism or defeatism, but rather to open some eyes to reality. I don't have all the answers and I don't claim to know how to beat this thing but I will say that the starting point should be the acknowledgement of reality. That being:

LIBERALS ARE FEEBLE MINDED DEGENERATES IMPERVIOUS TO FACTS, COMMON SENSE OR RATIONAL ARGUMENTS!!!

Once we all can accept this axiom, then perhaps we can come up with ideas on how to defeat what's more likely than not going to happen.

And I also want to suggest that everyone here support Maxime Bernier by joining the PPC. There are over two million gun owners in Canada. In my books that means that as of today, there should be AT LEAST TWO MILLION+PLUS FOUNDING MEMBERS OF THE "PEOPLE'S PARTY OF CANADA".

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/

Bernier is the "best means at our disposal to confront this." Have you joined?

(My comments may seem a little belligerent but so be it. For decades Canadian gun owners have been cowering to Leftists and affording them undeserved respect while trying to remain amicable and compromising and look where it has gotten us. I'm just tired of pretending that we're not dealing with complete imbeciles... )
    Last edited by Autolite; 10-17-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Just received a ?canned? Response to my submission for the RVC. Kinda took me off guard. I wasn't expecting a response.
    See below:

Thank you for your e-mail concerning Reducing Violent Crime: A dialogue on handguns and assault weapons. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your views, and we apologize for the delay in responding to your email.

Please rest assured, in all the Government’s efforts with respect to firearms, the intention is to take concrete steps to make our country less vulnerable to gun violence, while being fair to responsible, law-abiding firearms owners and businesses.

I would also like to thank you for raising your concerns with the engagement. We take these concerns seriously.

You are correct in that Canada doesn’t currently have a legal definition for “assault weapons”. It was determined that more context was required for the term, particularly for Canadians who are unfamiliar with the subject of firearms. Minister Blair has recently begun using the terminology of “assault-style rifles” to provide some clarity on the intended meaning. We also understand that automatic firearms are currently prohibited in Canada.

Throughout the engagement period, we strived to ensure diverse representation to hear a variety of perspectives on the matter.

In addition to the online questionnaire, the government held eight in-person roundtable sessions in October 2018, which took place in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Moncton.

The roundtable participants were primarily organizations rather than individuals, and were invited based on their knowledge, experience and expertise.

These participants included representatives from firearms associations, women’s groups, victims’ groups, and public health officials, as well as business owners, sports shooters, subject-matter experts, academics, and community leaders.

I would also like to assure you that every email we received has been read and considered, and that the questionnaire has been included in our analysis. The views shared through these engagement channels have been a vital source of information. Thank you for your participation in this important national dialogue.

A summary report of all of our engagement efforts will be made public in early 2019.

Thank you again for writing to us and for sharing your views. We wish you a happy holiday season.

Yours sincerely,

Reducing Violent Crime: A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault Weapons
    Réduire la criminalité violente : Dialogue sur les armes de poing et les armes d’assaut
    Public Safety Canada | Sécurité publique Canada
    You’re not completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    The purpose of my comments is not to induce a sense of pessimism or defeatism, but rather to open some eyes to reality. I don't have all the answers and I don't claim to know how to beat this thing but I will say that the starting point should be the acknowledgement of reality. That being:

LIBERALS ARE FEEBLE MINDED DEGENERATES IMPERVIOUS TO FACTS, COMMON SENSE OR RATIONAL ARGUMENTS!!!

Once we all can accept this axiom, then perhaps we can come up with ideas on how to defeat what's more likely than not going to happen.

And I also want to suggest that everyone here support Maxime Bernier by joining the PPC. There are over two million gun owners in Canada. In my books that means that as of today, there should be AT LEAST TWO MILLION+PLUS FOUNDING MEMBERS OF THE "PEOPLE'S PARTY OF CANADA".

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/

Bernier is the "best means at our disposal to confront this." Have you joined?

(My comments may seem a little belligerent but so be it. For decades Canadian gun owners have been cowering to Leftists and affording them undeserved respect while trying to remain amicable and compromising and look where it has gotten us. I'm just tired of pretending that we're not dealing with complete imbeciles... )

Not likely !
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Assault style is liberalspeak for scary. Put in a FOI request, they will send back pages from gun digest as in 1995.

Same shet different pile.

Solution Oct 2019.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

The tallies are out.

https://dennisryoung.ca/2019/03/29/r...consultations/

I don't think they posted the "survey" only result despite it was requested.

But they did post the email submission result in the reports.

Note that the lion shares of the "no ban" letters were sent out in the first week when it was posted at CGN and other gun org sources. Thank you to all the members who have written emails.

And there was gun ban drive just before the November anniversary - obviously they were tipped off they were losing badly in the consultation just before this consultation ended.

But at the end, pro gun email submission is still about 2.6X of anti-gun submission. I do think we all could have done more and better. I will be more satisfied if we have 6000 letters in stead of 600.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Too late I guess
    Take the red pill.