Thread: Stock at the Edge!

Expired Business Member

Stock at the Edge!

Copied from a post on The Shooting Edge's dealer page.

Enjoy

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Sales View Post
    Introducing the Shooting Edge Exclusive, the Non-Restricted RWA 180B!

With a .223 Wylde 1:8 bull barrel installed, this firearm will chamber both .223 Rem and 5.56x45 Nato safely. The rifle has a Piston Operating System that allows for more reliable use. This firearm will also accept M-LOK accessories, AR-15 trigger groups and A2 Pistol grips allowing you to customize your rifle according to your needs.

Get yours today in-store or contact us at 403-720-4867, or at Info@theshootingedge.com for details.

Attachment 212725

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Wow I'm really liking the looks of the 12" handguard version.

Great job guys
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Expired Business Member
    Hey all,

We just wanted to do a quick post dealing with the cost of the 180B build.

Some refer to an NR tax. HOWEVER, with our build that is 100% not the case.

The cost of this rifle is 100% due to the cost of manufacturing the components included in the build. The quality and precision involved with making the individual pieces, the application of proper coatings, and the production of a quality build that works and will last is what makes up the cost.

Our company mission statement is to provide HIGH quality parts and firearms without ripping off the consumer with NR tax. We have not done that on this build and will never do that on any of our parts, or firearms.

There is a tendency for people to compare our 180B build to the WK180C simply because they are based on the same original AR180B-2 platform. We have said before that both of these rifles are drastically different builds. As an example, the bolt release is machined from solid 4140 Steel…folded and stamped plate metal could make the part cheaper, but that is not good enough for us. AR15 builds can range from $750 all the way up to $4000. That does not mean that the $4K gun is overpriced.

The competition for our 180B is better likened to firearms built by companies like ATRS, Maccabe, IWI, Robinson Arms and such. In fact, though our rifle could be priced against the competition in the $3000 plus range, ours retails at the $2300(ish) range.

In addition we can add that the firearms are at the Shooting Edge right now because they are 100% willing to put it there, without demanding a huge markup which would increase the price even more to the consumer.

We really respect this attitude from the Shooting Edge as they felt it was better to get the firearms available to you rather than gouge you on price.

If you have any questions or would like to have more information, you can reach us anytime at info@rangewarrioraccessories.com

Have a great weekend!

Expired Business Member
    ....serious update coming soon....

Name:  BFL onging.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  46.1 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Woah there. Lets not get carried away. Yes the WK180c is budget and thats apparent when you hold one, but it has a niche market where cheaper is better, but just because your a step up doesn't mean it is all the way in the refined quality the way ATRS might be, in your folks case I feel the step up comes as additional features, many of which look like they need further refinement into how they are integrated. I seen the rifles you had with IRG at the easter show, and while I was impressed with the overall design thoughts, it no where compared to the overall feel and refined appearance of most of those brands you called out above (although you are ahead of poor old MDI imo just because of their poor delivery and ever changing specs, haha).

If you do continue to pursue the AR market with the 180, the MS and WK180c are your competion, one is an okay rifle for a low price, the other can be better for a little more, or hard act to follow for less than double the cost of the first.

Personally I will be suprised if there is any market space for a "high end" 180 once ATRS catches up to demand since you can build a pretty good MS for around $1800.

Remember that proprietary parts is the down fall of any platform the tries to emulate an AR and take a part of that market share.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    That said I do think you are priced appropriately for the product you offer, as I do with the MS and WK180c.

Its all just various flavors of koolaid
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Making some pretty big claims.... hope it goes well for you

Lol scratch that, I see your exclusive retailer has already confirmed the NR tax in another thread... why would you say 1 thing and your only retailer say another? Shouldn’t be hard to get on the same page.
    Last edited by lil_juiced_coupe; 10-12-2018 at 05:56 PM.

BANNED
    Honestly i want more guns in canada especially made in Canada but this price is straight up insulting.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    Making some pretty big claims.... hope it goes well for you

Lol scratch that, I see your exclusive retailer has already confirmed the NR tax in another thread... why would you say 1 thing and your only retailer say another? Shouldn’t be hard to get on the same page.
    That's why this post, to correct information that simply wasn't true....posted it on that thread as well

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Wow I'm really liking the looks of the 12" handguard version.

Great job guys
    if you turn it sideways, the cut out pattern resembles wheat...