Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban Consultation!

Sent an email to my MP as well.
    True North Stong and Free.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by handofzeus View Post
    I just emailed Scheer stating my disgust at the idea of invitation only meetings in a supposedly democratic society to decide the future legislation.

Should anyone else like to voice their opinion:

andrew.scheer@parl.gc.ca
    This

CGN Ultra frequent flyer na1lb0hm's Avatar
    What's the email we should send the email to?

Mine so far: Looking for feedback feel free to copy paste and use as warranted, adapted from gator0387

"To Whom it may concern;

I write this letter to provide feedback in relation to the “Dialogue on Reducing Violent Crime” engagement process.

The notion of a ban on handgun/assault rifles (semi-automatic rifles) seems to me a misplaced and ineffective solution to Canadian gun violence.

A ban of civilian owned handguns/assault rifles will do nothing to combat the violence seen in urban centers perpetrated by gangs of criminals. Instead both the bolstering of community programs, and law enforcement engaged in combating the gang problems seems a much more appropriate and fair response. To punish law abiding citizens for acts committed by criminals is both misguided and unethical.

The failure to control aspects of border safety and illegal smuggling would have had a much more widespread effect on the reduction of gun violence. The flood of illegal handguns has not been stymied. It's been proven time and time again that those willing to commit an offence in possession of an illegal firearms have no regard for the law. It seems to me that the discussion of reduction of violent crime initiative has strayed from protecting our borders, and reducing illegal firearms on our streets, to an attempt to restrict and confiscate the legally held firearms of our carefully vetted, legal firearm owners.

Those who are willing to commit firearms related offences having no respect or regard for current laws. More laws will not reduce this. Nor will punishing legal firearms owners for the misdeeds of criminals.

The problem we as a society face is one of violence, not firearms. The banning of legally owned objects seems more like political pandering than a genuine attempt to fix the problem. The world is full of dangerous things, and we can never hope to ban all of them. Instead, we must focus on correcting the problem at its source, in our schools and communities if we hope to stop the violence.

Regards,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer legi0n's Avatar
    both done

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by na1lb0hm View Post

Mine so far: Looking for feedback feel free to copy paste and use as warranted, adapted from gator0387

"To Whom it may concern;

I write this letter to provide feedback in relation to the “Dialogue on Reducing Violent Crime” engagement process.

The notion of a ban on handgun/assault rifles (semi-automatic rifles) seems to me a misplaced and ineffective solution to Canadian gun violence.

A ban of civilian owned handguns/assault rifles will do nothing to combat the violence seen in urban centers perpetrated by gangs of criminals. Instead both the bolstering of community programs, and law enforcement engaged in combating the gang problems seems a much more appropriate and fair response. To punish law abiding citizens for acts committed by criminals is both misguided and unethical.

The failure to control aspects of border safety and illegal smuggling would have had a much more widespread effect on the reduction of gun violence. The flood of illegal handguns has not been stymied. It's been proven time and time again that those willing to commit an offence in possession of an illegal firearms have no regard for the law. It seems to me that the discussion of reduction of violent crime initiative has strayed from protecting our borders, and reducing illegal firearms on our streets, to an attempt to restrict and confiscate the legally held firearms of our carefully vetted, legal firearm owners.

Those who are willing to commit firearms related offences having no respect or regard for current laws. More laws will not reduce this. Nor will punishing legal firearms owners for the misdeeds of criminals.

The problem we as a society face is one of violence, not firearms. The banning of legally owned objects seems more like political pandering than a genuine attempt to fix the problem. The world is full of dangerous things, and we can never hope to ban all of them. Instead, we must focus on correcting the problem at its source, in our schools and communities if we hope to stop the violence.

Regards,
    Thanks for sharing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Email sent. Responded to all their stupid points on the website. Emailed to the required address, and also sent a copy to blair,goodale,JT, and CC'd some other people. I am going to mail some copies too.
    |CCFR|

Both done

Quote Originally Posted by na1lb0hm View Post
    It's under 3.Send-us an e-mail or a written submission. Word e-mail is a link which will open your e-mail app with this in the "to" line:
    Dialogue.RVC-RCV@canada.ca
    Last edited by New2U; 10-14-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Done, I hope I answered correctly, lol

Survey, email done, and an email to Andrew Scheer also.