Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsealed envelope with PAL card

CGN frequent flyer

Lightbulb Unsealed envelope with PAL card

Someone I know received their PAL this morning but the envelope was not sealed at all (the glue on the flap wasnt moistened). Has that happened to anyone else recently?

While it doesnt look like a big deal but the insert with the card could have easily fallen out. It was delivered with other mail so I don't think it was delivered elsewhere prior but privacy is of concern here (for obvious reasons).
    Il messanger non è importante

BANNED
    WOW! Could of easily fallen out

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'd be more concerned with someone steaming open the envelope and then copying all of the relevant information to be used for fraud, and then putting the card back in to be delivered.

Either way a complaint to the CFP is not uncalled for.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I worked in print shop, this is not uncommon. It usually gets caught in QA but some get through. Ive seen credit cards and bank statements go out like this.

Its worth a call so they can go back to print vendor to see if its more than a one off but i wouldn't lose sleep over it.

CGN frequent flyer
    I've advised the person to call CFP just in case.
    Il messanger non è importante

Hit the gov't with the gov't...file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. Or better yet, I'd file a privacy complaint with the CFP and see if they report it to the Privacy Commissioner. Then if you don't hear back from the CFP, file a complaint with the PCOC.

Here's a 2003 case where a bank was in breach of legislation due to an unsealed envelope. Laws have only become stricter since then.

Call CFP and let them know. This could be a mistake and could also be someone opening the envelop copying the info (a bad guy could know that a good guy living in somewhere has guns, maybe high-value guns).

Always be cautious about this situation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I recently got a reg card , included in the envelope was a competed RPAL renewal, for some dude in BC.

Luckily for me, it had all his info, including his phone numbers

same thing!! Just got mine a few days ago totally unsealed.

CGN frequent flyer G-Man_Quagmire's Avatar
    I just got mine today, same issue barely sealed but enough to prevent the contents from coming out.
    People should world proof their children instead of trying to child proof the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast