Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Maple Ridge Armoury AR10 Barrels. Shot targets added post #75 Nov 16th

what happened to the 18.6" 6.5 Grendel pencil barrels on your website? I was going to order one but now they aren't there.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    what happened to the 18.6" 6.5 Grendel pencil barrels on your website? I was going to order one but now they aren't there.
    Thank you for pointing this out.

I was consolidating products to make it easier to browse and I neglected to enable this length for the 6.5 Grendel.

Please check the website again, the 18.6" length is now available.

Thanks for adding the 18.6" length back. But I thought there was a option for 18.6" pencil barrels in 6.5 grendel before? I see there is still an option for 18.6" pencil barrels in .223 wylde.

I'm just hoping to cut a bit of length and weight over my current 20" barrel for hunting.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Thanks for adding the 18.6" length back. But I thought there was a option for 18.6" pencil barrels in 6.5 grendel before? I see there is still an option for 18.6" pencil barrels in .223 wylde.

I'm just hoping to cut a bit of length and weight over my current 20" barrel for hunting.
    Yes we will add the pencil option but we likely wont run any until end May.

Any luck on posting the POI shift test for your pencil barrels?

I have a Stag 10 in 308, and would definitely buy Canadian over Faxon if it passes the test.

It would be great to shave 2 pounds off the muzzle end, over the stock barrel.
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 05:46 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    ^^^ pretty sure they weren't making Ar10 barrels before they switched to using IBI blanks.

It's only some of the earliest made Ar15 barrels that were made with blanks from a different company.

Confirmation directly from MRA would be appreciated from me as well.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 05:46 AM.

Business Member
    All Maple Ridge Armoury barrel with the Match 5R designation are made using blanks from IBI.

All other Match and other barrels are made using premium barrels from Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Company.

The Match designation for any of our barrels refers to the honing and hand lapping performed during the blank making process.

Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet