Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-C Folding Stock - Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rockies View Post

WK180C Zhukov Stock. Simple and cost effective, an adapter would be all thats needed.

(not the best photo shop job but you get the idea)
    Better but not as good as the Galil style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodwink View Post
    Better but not as good as the Galil style.
    Yup.

Does the Galil mount the same as an AK stock? if so an AK stock adapter would open a lot more options and would allow WK180C users get away from the AR-15 tube style stocks.

Last edited by diablo_man; 08-14-2019 at 06:46 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer migrant hunter's Avatar
    I'd go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Let me know what you think is required?
    1. Remove Ambi-Function by eliminating left side cutouts - requires no additional work - just removal of the feature in machining code.
    2. Have right side eject with left side charging. Would just require the elimination of bolt charging handle on the right side after ejection port - requires no additional work - just removal of the feature in machining code.
    3. Upgrade to better stock trigger. If I can purchase one for 80 dollars retail you should be able to do it for 30-40 dollars or less (as you buy in volume). Note - I'm not talking about cassette type trigger packs - just a decent two stage military type with a pre-travel that doesn't feel like you are trying to pull a railway tie with your teeth through a gravel parking lot during a dust storm.
    4. Removal of slop between upper an lower via tensioning spring loaded ball end set screw.

I just received my rifle yesterday and am pretty impressed. Fit and finish is nice. Just can't stand the movement between the lower and upper. Note - I have numerous AR-15's and they bug me to.

L
    Last edited by lmar; 10-18-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    1. Remove Ambi-Function by eliminating left side cutouts - requires no additional work - just removal of the feature in machining code.
    2. Have right side eject with left side charging. Would just require the elimination of bolt charging handle on the right side after ejection port - requires no additional work - just removal of the feature in machining code.
    3. Upgrade to better stock trigger. If I can purchase one for 80 dollars retail you should be able to do it for 30-40 dollars or less (as you buy in volume). Note - I'm not talking about cassette type trigger packs - just a decent two stage military type with a pre-travel that doesn't feel like you are trying to pull a railway tie with your teeth through a gravel parking lot during a dust storm.
    4. Removal of slop between upper an lower via tensioning spring loaded ball end set screw.

I just received my rifle yesterday and am pretty impressed. Fit and finish is nice. Just can't stand the movement between the lower and upper. Note - I have numerous AR-15's and they bug me to.

L
    And that will improve the stock concept how?

Quote Originally Posted by William_mississauga View Post
    If you look at #118 in the thread Mr. Wolverine asks what other improvements we might want to see when asked what else is down the pipe.
    Took it as an open invitation to add some other improvements as the stock looks to have been settled.
    If I am wrong you are free to ignore my comments.

Cheers,

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

I'm not a fan of folders in the first place. But that looks bulky and heavy, two things I don't like on rifles. +7 or +8 (whatever we're up to) for the Galil type.
    Peace through superior firepower.
    Member: NFA, CCFR & CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by William_mississauga View Post
    John replied to a comment asking what improvements could be made in general, several pages back. He asked what specifically we thought could be improved in general.

The only improvement I can see is ditching the piston so we can use off the shelf barrels. There is not much use to the barrel being compatible with an AR15 barrel extension if we need 18.6" barrels for NR and no one readily makes 18.6" barrels in a carbine gas system (required by the WK180c piston). This means any barrel for the WK180 needs to be custom made, which defeats the purpose of adopting a mil-spec barrel trunnion. In addition, if a DI gas system were adopted, we would be able to use standard handguards, instead of the select few handguards which have enough clearance to fit the WK180 piston system (not even the stock handguard reliably clears the piston system, leading to reports of poor accuracy).

DI gas is plenty reliable. The Ljungman, Hakim, Rasheed, Mas49 have all implemented it successfully.