Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: WK180-C Folding Stock - Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I am just back from the Shot Show, yes I know I am retired and shouldn’t have been there, but if I want my Wolverine pension the new boss said I would be there! I joke, seriously I enjoyed assisting the Kodiak team as they had a booth there, it was very interesting to attend the Shot Show for the first time as an exhibiter, this meant I wasn’t able to walk the Show and I missed meeting a lot of old associates, most of them are now good friends. We worked hard but as always, we played hard. 

The high light of the show for me was on the last day we found a “Galil type” folding stock, very good quality, with a steel hinge. We have a sample and in the next few weeks will be looking at fitting it to a WK180-C rifle. I do not know what this will do to the retail, it will all depend on our cost, I do know it will cause a modest price increase but I think this will become the standard stock in the future.

If this goes ahead my intention would be to offer the folding stock to all existing back orders as an alternative stock at an increased price (to be determined). It will take at least 8 weeks before this can happen, if we make the decision to go with it. If the customer elected to stay with the current stock then the current price would be honoured. At some point in the future we would change to the new folding stock and all orders placed from that date onwards would have a folding stock as standard at the new increased pricing.

As always I would be interested in hearing feedback from CGN members.
    Awaiting a picture Sir.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

yea!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am just back from the Shot Show, yes I know I am retired and shouldn’t have been there, but if I want my Wolverine pension the new boss said I would be there! I joke, seriously I enjoyed assisting the Kodiak team as they had a booth there, it was very interesting to attend the Shot Show for the first time as an exhibiter, this meant I wasn’t able to walk the Show and I missed meeting a lot of old associates, most of them are now good friends. We worked hard but as always, we played hard. 

The high light of the show for me was on the last day we found a “Galil type” folding stock, very good quality, with a steel hinge. We have a sample and in the next few weeks will be looking at fitting it to a WK180-C rifle. I do not know what this will do to the retail, it will all depend on our cost, I do know it will cause a modest price increase but I think this will become the standard stock in the future.

If this goes ahead my intention would be to offer the folding stock to all existing back orders as an alternative stock at an increased price (to be determined). It will take at least 8 weeks before this can happen, if we make the decision to go with it. If the customer elected to stay with the current stock then the current price would be honoured. At some point in the future we would change to the new folding stock and all orders placed from that date onwards would have a folding stock as standard at the new increased pricing.

As always I would be interested in hearing feedback from CGN members.
    Is it a folding stock that screws into the buffer tube socket, like the ACE AR15 Skelton Folding stock set? Or is it a new back end that doesn't have a buffer tube socket, meaning someone who would want to use an AR-15 stock would have to order an alternate version with the socket if the folder is the default? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Is it a folding stock that screws into the buffer tube socket, like the ACE AR15 Skelton Folding stock set? Or is it a new back end that doesn't have a buffer tube socket, meaning someone who would want to use an AR-15 stock would have to order an alternate version with the socket if the folder is the default? Thanks!
    It would be a hinge stock that would require a different stock adapter, no compatibility with any buffer tube. Anyone requiring a buffer tube fitting would have to order the stock adapter (buffer tube) as currently fitted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It would be a hinge stock that would require a different stock adapter, no compatibility with any buffer tube. Anyone requiring a buffer tube fitting would have to order the stock adapter (buffer tube) as currently fitted.
    Thank you!

Count me in for one for my existing WK180 and one for the 7.62x39 when it comes out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    I definitely want one for my already-purchased WK. Will you be making these available to those of us who have already purchased rifles first, or making them available on new-production rifles before selling them to prior WK customers?
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    I definitely want one for my already-purchased WK. Will you be making these available to those of us who have already purchased rifles first, or making them available on new-production rifles before selling them to prior WK customers?
    I'm in for one as well

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Count me in for one for my existing WK180 and one for the 7.62x39 when it comes out.
    Me too please.

I just want my rifle. Im not that keen on the folding stocks. Collapsible is where its at.