Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: WK180-C Folding Stock - Prototype

Nice. If they keep complaining, ship them with no stock at all.
    Once your ad sells, edit prefix from WTS to Pls Remove and change the title to SOLD by clicking go advanced. I'm tired of clicking on ten ads a day, only to see the word sold where the price was.
    -.45automatic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer migrant hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jammieappleseed View Post
    I just want my rifle. Im not that keen on the folding stocks. Collapsible is where its at.
    I'm glad that mine should be collapsible, it makes them awesome for my kids with a short length of pull.

Last edited by diablo_man; 08-14-2019 at 06:43 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [SHOT 2019] New WK180-C rifle and sporting VZ58 from Kodiak Defence
    Posted 1 day ago in AR Patterned, Rifles, Semi-Auto, SHOT Show, SHOT Show 2019 by TFB Staff with 18 Comments

<https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/30/shot-2019-new-wk180-c-rifle-and-sporting-vz58-from-kodiak-defence/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+TheFirearmBlog+%28The+Firearm+Blog%29>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Quote Originally Posted by diablo_man View Post
    Ive asked this question a few times and no answers yet.

Since it looks like the folding stock is mounted at the original AR180 height, and not the ar15 standard height the WK180 was designed for(and Im ok with this, it looks WAY better lower), then AR height optics/sights wont work so well. What are some good lower height picatinny mounted iron sights that will work with the rifle and folder?
    I've been considering this problem as well. The problem may be fixed by the possible addition of a cheek riser to the skeletonized stock, but I don't know if this would work aesthetically or practically. If any one would have any lower height iron sight recommendations I would be interested to hear about them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo_man View Post
    Ive asked this question a few times and no answers yet.

Since it looks like the folding stock is mounted at the original AR180 height, and not the ar15 standard height the WK180 was designed for(and Im ok with this, it looks WAY better lower), then AR height optics/sights wont work so well. What are some good lower height picatinny mounted iron sights that will work with the rifle and folder?
    We can't answer your question as the stock adapter is not even off the drawing board yet. Not only do we have to consider the height but also the position of the stock when it is folded plus the general aesthetics. I would like to see a straight line down the barrel to the heel of the stock, we also have to consider cheek weld and sight height. We are well aware of all these factors but until a prototype is built I have no more details or price estimates. What is shown in the photo is a mock up with a "crappy" air soft stock to show the general principal so we can gauge customer interest.

H and K low profile tritium flip up sights. Mhmmmm. Too much dough for me to spend on irons though. A cheek piece could work but what’s the point of that. It will just look awkward with a scope like the original AR-180. Excited to get my Rifle with a collapsable stock but also would like to buy the folder when they are available.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    [SHOT 2019] New WK180-C rifle and sporting VZ58 from Kodiak Defence
    Posted 1 day ago in AR Patterned, Rifles, Semi-Auto, SHOT Show, SHOT Show 2019 by TFB Staff with 18 Comments

<https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/30/shot-2019-new-wk180-c-rifle-and-sporting-vz58-from-kodiak-defence/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+TheFirearmBlog+%28The+Firearm+Blog%29>
    I do not think that is the actual stock they are referring to as fitting to the wk180-c, since they only found it on the last day of the shot show.

To bad there showing the WK181C 762X39

Would the folding stock and adapter be sold separately as well so that owners who received their rifles before the folding stock became an option can get one?