Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a State-of-the-Art Shooting Range???

Quote Originally Posted by HGBMTL View Post
    Check out CRAFM in Montreal
    These ranges are over 6 hours away from each other... I doubt people planning on going to this new Burford range will instead consider Crafm.

Quote Originally Posted by SIG FAN View Post
    Why do ranges insist that members take a range-level safety course, when all PAL/RPAL licenced individuals have passed the government level safety course already? I’ve never understood this.

Your range looks very nice though, and 24/7 as well. Reasonable pricing too. Good job on that. Cheaper too than my outdoor range that I can shoot on only twice weekly for a combined 13 hours they are open. C’mon 24 hour Ottawa range!!!
    That basement range is a horrible range... i drive the 50 minutea to cornwall. Less headache even if a slightly longer drive time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    " Looks like a good place to host some winter IPSC matches. "
    " If you are referring to CRAFM I think that they are planning that, get in touch with them "
    No. I was referring to Triggers And Bows. It looks like a really nice range, in a really good location.

A winter IPSC match would sell out very quickly there.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    $450 membership + $50 "orientation"? Wut?
    Totally agree. I never understood the philosophy behind this. So you want me to join, but you are going to charge me, because you don't trust me? If your going to force ANOTHER safety course on people, why charge people for it? A lot of people see these as a red flag for ranges, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendmentkindaguy View Post
    Totally agree. I never understood the philosophy behind this. So you want me to join, but you are going to charge me, because you don't trust me? If your going to force ANOTHER safety course on people, why charge people for it? A lot of people see these as a red flag for ranges, just my opinion.
    I suppose you think that the people who train work for free and have food magically show up on their dinner tables at night.

Spent a couple summers doing 20+ hours a week as a range officer. Trust me, the liability mitigation of range-specific training and screening is worth every penny and potential lost member. It's a seller's market for ranges, and there's some pretty hazardous buyers out there.

Business Member triggersandbows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Looks like a good place to host some winter IPSC matches.
    We hold IPSC TRAINING here, however our members participate in the matches at other ranges at this time.
    Triggers and Bows
    340 Bishopsgate Rd.
    RR#2
    Burford, Ontario
    N0E 1A0

519-449-1001
    www.triggersandbows.com

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTapin View Post
    These ranges are over 6 hours away from each other... I doubt people planning on going to this new Burford range will instead consider Crafm.
    My thoughts exactly!
    Triggers and Bows
    340 Bishopsgate Rd.
    RR#2
    Burford, Ontario
    N0E 1A0

519-449-1001
    www.triggersandbows.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Chaingun View Post
    I suppose you think that the people who train work for free and have food magically show up on their dinner tables at night.

Spent a couple summers doing 20+ hours a week as a range officer. Trust me, the liability mitigation of range-specific training and screening is worth every penny and potential lost member. It's a seller's market for ranges, and there's some pretty hazardous buyers out there.
    This is so true, thank you for your input Crazy Chaingun!
    Triggers and Bows
    340 Bishopsgate Rd.
    RR#2
    Burford, Ontario
    N0E 1A0

519-449-1001
    www.triggersandbows.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12